Chapter 7

My sleep was restless. It didn't help that everyone was nervous and there thoughts were scattered.

~~~

"God I'm done I quit," I whisper yell and throw my pillow across the room. I am done trying to sleep. I drearily wander out of my room and down the hall. I end up in the kitchen crying and shoving ice cream in my face.

"So this is how you manage to put a fake smile on everyday," Raven teases and strolls in. I notice she in in her normal blue form.

"Yeah it's hard but ice cream helps," I reply and look up.

"Rina it's one in the morning what are you doing up?" Raven asks exasperated.

"I couldn't sleep everyone's thoughts are restless making me restless," I explain. I wipe the tears of my face as Raven sits down across from me.

"Rienna listen to me," Raven orders and takes the ice cream away. I stare up at her and expectantly. "Your beautiful strong and independent. You have to be brave use your words they have so much power give yourself a pep talk. You should never feel lonely you have us we are your new family. After tomorrow we will all be here running a school for outcasts like us you got to be strong. Now go sleep you need rest." Raven puts the ice cream away and walks me to my room.

"Thanks Raven," I whisper and hug her tightly. "And you're also beautiful, be blue." I smile and walk into my room.

~~~

After that I finally got rest that night.

~~~

I'm happy to say in the morning I wake up with a smile on my face. I jump out of bed, get dressed, and rush downstairs. Everyone is already there. I quickly eat and apple and dink some water.

"Man I am pumped," I exclaims and stretch my arms. Then the thought hit me like a ton of bricks. "Oh my god." I gasp and drop the water glass.

"Rienna hey snap out of it," Erik murmurs and snaps his fingers in my face.

"Dad," I breathe. "We're gonna kill him." Erik groans looks at my and groans.

"Hey Rina don't worry about it first things first we stop the nuclear war then we will deal with that," Sean assures and pats my back. I nod and stare wordlessly.

After a silent breakfast we head down to the lab. A note on the door reads suit up and meet me at the launch pad. I slowly pushed the door open and gasp.. The lab is torn apart. Everything is destroyed.

"Man this is worse than when I freeze burned it," I remark and gape at the destruction..

"Yeah," Alex agrees.

We all made our way up to the large steel box and push it open.

"Woah Hank has been busy," Erik observes. The box is full of yellow uniforms.

We all grab our own yellow uniform and split up to change.

Raven and I change in a separate room. My suit is a full body suit with a diamond shaped cut out of the back and no sleeves so the front stayed on with a neck cuff. I also got blue flats.

"Woah I feel like a bad ass," I gush. Raven and I giggle and high five each other. Raven and I walk out to the boys all dramatic like. I flip my hair and give a deadly look. Charles and Eriks eyes bug out but Sean and Alex just shrug and high five us.

"Hells yeah let's do this," I cheer. Everyone laughs and then we all walked to some under ground plane hanger that opens up to launch a plane. The plane is huge. We all stand there in utter awe.

"Where's Hank?" Raven suddenly asks.

"There," I say and point to an approaching figure. We watch as the figure approaches and becomes clearer. It is Hank only he is huge blue and furry. He looks so huggable.

"It didn't attack the cells it enhanced them it didn't work," Hank sighs to Raven.

"Yes it did this is how you were meant to be no more hiding," Raven counters and embraces him tightly.

"Yeah you look beastly," Erik agrees. Hanks hand immediately shoots out and grabs Erik's throat.

"Don't mock me," Hank growls.

"Hank that's enough," Charles orders and grabs Hanks arm. Hank slowly lets Erik fall to the ground.

"I wasn't lying," Erik pants.

"Yeah you look bad ass I have a new name for you Beast," Sean and Alex say Beast at the same time. Sean and Alex look at each other weirdly before flushing and looking away. Okaaaay still clueless about what is going on with those two. I give Hank a one armed hug and rub his back.

"So what is this thing called?" I ask.

"Its a sonic plane," Hank replies with a proud grin.

"Can you fly it?" Charles inquires.

"Of course I can I designed it," Hank exclaims.

So this is it the final battle. I am scared, pumped, and anxious all at the same time.

And CLIFFHANGER