Chapter 6

"I'm awake," I shout jerking awake. Breathing hard I look around. "What happened?"

"During training when you froze the gun it shot one last bullets in your arm and you didn't notice," Hank explains,
I jump and scream. He scared me.

"Holy crap Hank don't sneak up on people," I scold holding my chest and slowing my breathing.

"Sorry," Hank mutters sheepishly.

"Man how long was I out?" I ask. I gotta stop passing out.

"An hour," Hank replies and I sigh I'm relief.

"Oh good I didn't miss much." I hop up out of bed and stretch. Just then Raven walks in. "Hey Raven how goes it?"

"I'm good you?" Raven inquires.

"Great I'm great," I answer truthfully.

"I'm glad your okay Rina," Raven chuckles and pats my arm.

"Me too I hate being unconscious it's weird," I exclaim.

"Come to the room across from to the training room I have a surprise for you" Charles says in my head.

"I have to go Charles needs me," I excuse myself, wave and walk off. I successfully make my way to the room and open the door. I gasp and take a double take.

"Oh wow it's a music room!" I admire ad examine it.

"Yep to practice your magic voice," Charles says stepping out from the shadows.

"Magic voice right the guilt voice," I say. I can't keep myself from sounding resentful.

"Why does it make you feel guilty?" Charles asks.

"Making people do things they don't want to do with my voice it seems so evil," I explain.

"Oh Rina it's not evil if you do it for the right reasons.... now do you wan to sing a song?" Charles asks patting my back. I inwardly sigh. I've already sang twice today my voice is enchanting like a siren song. Which is why I call myself Siren but nonetheless it's evil.

"Alright," I sigh and grab a microphone.

"Your fingertips across my skin

The palm trees swaying in the wind, images

You sang me Spanish lullabies

The sweetest sadness in your eyes, clever trick

Well, I'd never want to see you unhappy

I thought you'd want the same for me

Goodbye, my almost lover

Goodbye, my hopeless dream

I'm trying not to think about you

Can't you just let me be?

So long, my luckless romance

My back is turned on you

Should've known you'd bring me heartache

Almost lovers always do

We walked along a crowded street

You took my hand and danced with me images

And when you left you kissed my lips

You told me you would never ever forget these images, no

Well, I'd never want to see you unhappy

I thought you'd want the same for me

Goodbye, my almost lover

Goodbye, my hopeless dream

I'm trying not to think about you

Can't you just let me be?

So long, my luckless romance

My back is turned on you

Should've known you'd bring me heartache

Almost lovers always do

I cannot go to the ocean

I cannot drive the streets at night

I cannot wake up in the morning

Without you on my mind

So you're gone and I'm haunted

And I bet you are just fine

Did I make it that easy to walk

Right in and out of my life?

Goodbye, my almost lover

Goodbye, my hopeless dream

I'm trying not to think about you

Why can't you just let me be?

So long, my luckless romance

My back is turned on you

Should've known you'd bring me heartache

Almost lovers always do,"

I sing Almost Lover by a Fine Frenzy.

When I finish the song I find everyone watching me. I drop the microphone and speed walk out out. Seems this happens a lot me running from them. My emotions are uncontrollable. My hair is turning auburn again. I want to rip it out. I cry out in frustration but freeze when I see my face in the window reflection.

"Oh my god." I freeze my hair is auburn, my eyes are green like envy, and my face looks like Moira's. Besides being envious my eyes look dead and hollow. I look soulless, I feel soulless.

Why is my life so screwed up?!?!?! Why does my father want to kill me?!?!?! Why can't I fall for someone who likes me back?!?!?! Why? Why?

"WHY?!" I scream. "Get a grip Rienna turn your looks back to normal deep breaths deep breaths," I coax myself. I faintly smile as my hair eyes and face change back to normal. "There that's you." I touch my eyes and face to make sure they are actually there.

"Rienna come on the president is making his address," Alex calls coming around the corner. "You okay?"

"Yeah just stage fright," I lie.

"Okay that's good. Come on." Alex grabs my arm and drags me to the living room. No one asks questions they just watch the tv. The tension in the room is thick. This address could make or break this war.

"Having nuclear missiles so close to America is a danger to this country's citizens. Therefore any nuclear missiles crossing the line of U.S ships will be taken as a attack on the U.S. Which means a full scale nuclear retaliation will take place," Kennedy announces.

"Thats where will will find Shaw," Sean says.

"How do you know?" Alex challenges.

"Two superpowers facing off he won't leave anything to chance" Erik interjects. I suck in a sharp breath.

"That makes sense," I whisper.

"You all better get your sleep we have work to do tomorrow," Erik grunts and stalks off. Alex and Sean walk out next and I follow them.

"Hey wait up," I yell running to catch up with them. "I just want to thank you guys you've been really nice to me since I got here and I know I've been pretty emotionally unstable. I'm sorry you guys have to put up with me," I admit.

"Its fine emotions are crazy and uncontrollable," Sean says emphasizing the world uncontrollable. Alex shifts uncomfortably. Curious.

"Yeah," Alex agrees. I give them a weird look and walk up to my room.

When I get there I collapse on my bed.

"Oh my gosh Rienna after tomorrow where will you go?" I wonder to myself. Staying here will be to miserable for me. After tomorrow I'm leaving.