Chapter 11

It is morning, it says 7:00 am on the clock. I slowly lower myself back onto the bed. My chest has a dull ache. I guess my breathing is okay. Really it's a miracle I'm still alive. I'm happy I feel accomplished. I am going to get better, go back to the mansion, and become a teacher. And if they don't want me which I doubt, they are my friends, I'll become a singer.

But of course that happiness has to end. Charles is coming to visit me. I read his thoughts but jerk out of his mind as soon as I saw one memory. Him and Moira, they kissed.

I know once I flew in on a private moment but they were just hugging and talking.

Instantly all the sadness desperation and heartbreak hits me like a ton of bricks and destroys my happy state.

Then I remember six year old me, so happy and carefree. I make an instant decision, her and I we are the same. Now and till I die. I feel myself shrink. My voice changes. I am her.

Charles comes in on an electronic wheel chair with a get well soon teddy bear. He gasps in shock and drops the bear.

"I sorry," I mutter.

"For what?" Charles asks.

"Everything," I answer seriously. Charles looks down sadly. "You brought me a bear how sweet," I squeal. Charles regains his composure and picks up the bear handing it to me.

"Yes, how are you feeling?" Charles inquires. I hug the bear close and smile widely.

"Better. When can I leave?" I ask.

"Soon as soon as they take the needles out and do a few tests," Charles says.

"Will it hurt?" I whimper.

"Just a little bit it won't last long promise," Charles vows and reaches up to par my head.

"Now Rienna you can't use your powers here okay?" Charles says lightly.

"I know I wont use them I a good girl," I chirp.

"Yes you are. Now Alex and Sean have come to visit you," Charles exclaims.

"Yay," I cheer and clap. On cue Alex and Sean stroll in together.

"I have to go do some paperwork and bend some minds I'll be back," Charles sighs and wheels out.

"Hi," I greet and sheepishly wave.

"Uh Rienna why are you a six year old" Alex bluntly asks. He doesn't pull any punches.

"Don't answer that Rina baby how are you?" Sean asks and sits on the edge of the bed.

"I good will be all better soon," I respond. Sean shoots Alex a hard look and Alex sighs.

"Thats good sweetie," Alex murmurs.

"Yup," I giggle. Then a nurse walks in.

"Hey sweetheart ready to finish up your last tests?" the nurse asks and I nod. (Charles bended the minds of her nurses.)

They do a few last test and take some blood, that's it.

"Your good to go," the nurse says.

"Ok." I smile sweetly at her. Alex picks me up, and plops me down in a wheel chair.

"Let's go," Sean comments and pushes me.

"Faster faster," I squeal. Sean laughs and we go barreling down the hall. "YAAAAY," I cheer. We come to a halting stop in front of a fuming Charles. "Charlie Sean was pushing me fast it was so fun," I exclaim making Charles face soften.

"Well that's nice. I checked you out so we can go home now," Charles informs.

"How long?" I inquire suddenly.

"How long what?" Charles questions.

"How long was I sleeping?" I clarify.

"Oh 3 days," Charles replies.

"Wha I miss," I wonder.

"Not much I started renovating the house with elevators and secret underground lairs, cool stuff like that," Charles explains.

"Yeah you really didn't miss much," Alex adds and shrugs.

"Didn't miss anything nothing at all," Sean chimes in.

"Okey dokey," I say.

~~~

We now have a special car for wheel chair people because I assume Charles is crippled for life. I won't ask it's probably a sensitive subject.

When we get back to the mansion Hank meets us out front with a mechanical wheel chair for me.

"Hankie," I yell holding out my arms.

"Hey Rienna feel better?" Hank asks, picks me up, and hugs me before setting me in the electronic wheel chair. I use the joystick to spin in a circle. I cheer and giggle in excitement as I spin. I hear the others laugh at my antics too.

"When we start?" I question.

"Start what?" Charles says.

"School sillies," I laugh.

"Oh well we have to redo the rooms and Hank is cerebro almost complete?" Charles inquires.

"Almost I think I can finish it tonight," Hank reports.

"I help," I offer and raise my hand.

"You think you could design the main lay out for the rooms," Charles asks.

"Yeppers," I reply and nod.

"Well then everyone let's get to work," Sean and Alex say. I can't help myself, I burst into a fit of giggles.