Chapter 14

"Rienna are you alright?" Charles asks. I don't answer, I can't my powers are spinning out of control. I feel myself change back to older me.

"Help me," I manage to utter before younger me takes over again.

"Rienna please take control of yourself you can do it I know you can," Charles pleads as the room gets colder and flames begin sprouting around.

"I'm trying," I utter desperately.

"Thats it," Charles declares and puts two fingers to his temple. I feel him enter my mind, I watch his face contort in pain as my thoughts tornado around. Then I feel calm. I smile, I am still six but in control.

"I okay," I cheer.

"Well that's good," Charles says and pats my head.

But 10 minutes later I'm sobbing in Charles lap while he holds me.

-----3 Days Later------

I have gotten past my loss of flight now.

But I am still six.

Today the mansion is officially finished. All redecorated and everything.

Hank and Alex have gone to fetch a mutant in danger. Our first student I can't wait to meet him/her.

"RIENNA SEAN!" Charles yells and concern floods my thoughts. I immediately sprint to Charles office.

"Yes," Sean and I say breathlessly as we burst in.

"There is a mutant in danger, here are ever coordinates, you do not have much time you must hurry," Charles orders and hands Sean a piece of paper. He looks worried and urgent. "Take the car go now." Charles frantically tosses Sean the keys.

"Lets go!" I exclaim, grab Sean's hand and drag him to the car. I climb into the passenger seat and Sean starts driving.

The mutant is a few minutes old. She has black fuzzy cat ears a black fuzzy tail and green piercing eyes. She will die soon you need to hurry.

Charles relays in my mind.

"FASTER FASTER SHE'S ONLY MINUTES OLD SHE WILL DIE FASTER" I scream instantaneously affected by Charles mood.

"Ahhh!" Sean screams in surprise and slams on the gas.

The coordinates lead us to an abandoned part of a town. To make the situation even worse it starts pouring.

When Sean stops I run out.

"Check alleyways listen for cries," Sean shouts and splits off in a different direction.

I slowly walks down an alley way following the small telepathic trail. Babies have undeveloped minds so they are hard to track.

"Sean go get a blanket I think I can find her," I called to Sean. Sean nods and dashes back to the car.

Suddenly I hear a loud cry. I sprint towards the noise and find a baby girl.

She has two fuzzy ears poking out of her head and a small tail. Her eyes are a piercing green. I quickly scoop her up and hold her close.

Something inside my brain snaps and connects back again. Tears prickle around my eyes, I let them fall.

My brain is ready to be me, the true me again. I grow taller, my hair gets longer, and my chest grows.

"Rienna?" Sean asks, timidly walking down the alley way.

"Yes," I whisper barely audible. Sean comes forward and hugs me tight. I choke out a sob, all the emotional trauma has ruined me.

"Here." Sean hands me the blanket. I immediately wrap the baby up and clutch her close. "Does she have a name?" Sean inquires.

"No I'm guessing her parents just threw her out after she was born not bothering to name her." I got up and we start walking back to the car.

"How about you name her I'm guessing your adopting her. I see you're already attached," Sean concludes and grins. I look down at her wide eyes and nod. I will adopt her.

"Yes, I think her name should be Grace," I murmur and step into the car. Grace just fits those eyes.

"Thats pretty." Sean start. the car and we head back to the mansion.

She is so pretty. I feel this connection to her.

It takes a few minutes to get back to the mansion but when we do we are greeted by Charles.

At first he is shocked at my transformation.

"Rienna your older!" Charles exclaim.

"Yeah my mind finally healed itself emotionally I suppose. Well enough to be an adult again," I chuckle. Charles gives me a wide smile that makes my wary flutter.

"Here I made her a bottle," Charles offers and hands it to me.

"Thank." I instinctively sit on Charles's lap and start feeding her. "Sorry I forgot I'm not six-" I am cut off by Charles wrapping his arms around my waist and pulling me closer. I lean my head on his shoulder. He's warm and it's makes my stomach flutter to be this close.

"Whats her name?" Charles questions curiously.

"I named her Grace, I'm adopting her," I answer clearly. I kiss Grace's head and hold her to my chest.

"Thats a pretty name," Charles compliments.

"Sean hey, meet our first student Tara!" Alex declares happily. Alex strolls up with a small pink girl holding his hand.

"Hi Tara this is our second student Grace." I show her the baby. "Your gonna love it here Tara we are one big family!" I exclaim.

"I already do everyone is so nice," Tara replies with a grin. She looks about 7-10. I climb off Charles lap, grab Tara's hand, and we all walk inside.