Chapter 9

My dad floating in the air. Blood is running from a hole in his forehead. He is obviously dead.

"Oh god," I moan. Then to make it worse Erik floats out after him and throws my dad to the ground. "No Erik no." I hide my face in Alex's arm to avoid watching.

"Erik NO," Charles yells running from the destroyed plane followed by Moira. I want to scream and kick but I am broken both body and soul.

"Oh Charles don't be so naive you knew with was going to kill him this whole time and so did you Rienna," Erik shouts.

"Now join my brothers and sisters let us conquer the humans together," Erik declares.

"Don't! Erik please," I wail.

"Erik we can't, we have to protect them from bad mutants," Charles counters.

"No we have to protect ourselves. The humans are aiming all their weapons at this beach right now to destroy us. They will never accept us. They fear to much," Erik announces and points at the ships. "Tell me Charles look and you'll see it to". Charles resentfully puts two fingers to his temple and looks.

"Moira," Charles says and nods at her. Moira instantly sprints to the plane to find a communicator. So this is how I die? Blown up on a beach?

Many bangs caused me to look up. A ton of missiles are heading right at us. I cough and weekly raise a hand. I shoot down three with ice before I just can't stand moving. It hurts to much.

"I think I'm dying," I choke out.

"No you're not hang on," Sean and Alex say in unison. I cough in response. Erik raises his hand and takes control of all the missiles stopping them short. I watch in horror as he makes them turn back at the ships.

"Erik no you said so yourself we are the bigger people, prove it," Charles shouts as Erik forces the missiles back at the ships. "Erik let them go they are innocent people there just following orders!" Charles exclaims desperately.

"I've been at the mercy of people just following orders my whole life," Erik snaps. His eyes are cold and ready.

"I'm sorry for him, for what he has done to you for your mother for everything," I apologize after managing to raise my voice a little.

"Sorry doesn't cut it," Erik spits out.

"NOOO ERIK NOO," Charles yells and tackles Erik. They roll around for awhile then Erik gets the upper hand and knocks Charles down. Erik then proceeds to aim the missiles though some have fallen.

Out of the corner of my eye I see Moira draw her gun and dash up. She shoots several shots Erik deflects them all. Charles is getting up behind Erik when a stray bullet hits the bottom of his back.

"NOO-," I screech and something moves inside me a rib or something. I think I punctured a lung. I start coughing, breathing is harder. "I-I-I c-a-n," I try to speak to let them know I need medical attention something. Black dots dance across my vision but I need to make sure Charles is okay before I die.

Erik got the bullet from Charles back he looks fine. No blood that's good or awful I don't know. Then I see four Charles and three Eriks.

"A-a-a-i-," I frantically try to say air.

"Rienna what's wrong?" Sean questions.

"Rienna say something," Alex begs. I move my arm and hold my throat.

Erik is saying something and Raven is walking towards him. She's leaving us, so is he!

"R-r-a-a-ven no," I manage to say.

"I'm sorry Rienna," Raven murmurs with a sad smile. I cough and claw for breath in response. Raven sas goodbye to Charles who's head is resting in Moira's lap.

It hurts every time I should be used to it but I'm not. Raven then grabs Erik's hand. Angel, Azazeal, Erik, Raven, and the Spanish guy all disappear in red smoke.

My breath becomes short. My life is ending slowly painfully and it is like torture. The last thing I saw and heard was Alex.

"She can't breath I think a broken rib punctured a lung," Alex shouts desperately. Then blackness.

It is strange I am happy to be dead. I mean I helped stop a nuclear war. I finished the task I set out to do. Besides I was only going to leave after this adventure. Go back to being homeless and always on the run. Constantly feeling heartbreak and loneliness. I mean sticking around was setting myself up for sadness. Death didn't feel like coldness shredding my soul. It didn't have a feeling it was just darkness hugging me like a blanket.

Sorry for short Chapter