13. Never Beg for Mercy

Deva woke up to an empty bed, no Darius in sight. Maybe she dreamt it all. Maybe yesterday didn't really happen. She placed her fingers over her lips remembering the chilling feelings they gave her yesterday. But she knew the day before was real, and that she had kissed both Lucian and Darius.

At the time, it was all she wanted and all she could mentally digest. Thinking back on the events now, she felt sick. She had kissed two brothers on the same night. She felt like a total slut now. The guilt was slowly settling inside her. How could she do that? She wasn't that kind of girl, yet she couldn't help herself or control it. It just happened.

But she didn't want to regret it. She loved the feeling both brothers gave her and deep down inside, she knew she wanted more of it. She quickly brushed it aside though, not wanting to think about it just yet.

Deva got up and started her morning routine. She got dressed and ate the breakfast set on the table. She again felt relief at having her own room. It wasn't that she didn't like Lacey, but to be honest, she didn't really give the girl much thought. She just liked her privacy.

Her privacy was short lived when a blustering Julia waltzed into her room. "Really Dev, must you always sleep so late?"

"Yes. It's programmed in my system."

"Your system's slow." Julia said sitting across from her.

Deva took a strawberry and threw it at her best friend. "Respect it don't neglect it."

"Yeah, why don't you treat it not beat it." Julia responded referring to herself.

"Because I treat it after I beat it," she said with a ridiculously sweet smile while offering Julia her very delicious looking fruit parfait. Julia snatched it out of her hands and took a bite out of it.

"One day, your method of choice will back fire."

"Yes, but until that day, I will enjoy it while I can." Deva got up and began stretching her still sore muscles.

"Deva, come on, you've been antisocial enough," Julia got up as well and started dragging Deva out the door. "We're all going to watch a movie in the theater room. Come watch with us." When it looked like Deva was going to refuse, Julia quickly added, "It's that new movie with James Franco."

James Franco was really cute, and she did actually want to watch the movie. Deva exhaled and agreed. Arriving at the big entertainment room Deva was not expecting all the girls to be there. It wasn't much that she cared, but the presence of Red in the same room irritated her. Red saw her walking towards one of the seats and gave her the stink eye.

"What are you doing here? Done hiding in your cave? Maybe you should go back no one wants you here." Red said with a loathing tone.

Deva knew she was only being nasty because she had treated her the same way. She wondered if it would have been different if she hadn't insulted Red from the beginning. But instantly laughed at the thought because she knew they would never have been friends. Red was just too easy to make fun of. Her annoying voice and whiny attitude were perfect targets for Deva to pick on.

"I was only hiding from your hideous face but decided to man up. You know mirrors don't talk but lucky for you they don't laugh either."

Red grew indignant and it looked like she was searching for something smart to say back, but Deva quickly added, "Don't let your mind wander. It's way too small to be outside by itself."

Julia and almost all the other girls were laughing by this time. Deva couldn't keep the smirk off her face. It was just too easy, and frankly Red needed someone to put her in her place.