8. Innocent Culprits

Deva woke up from hearing a knock on the door. Amy came rushing in looking a bit frantic.
"Oh there you are lady Deva. The princes will like to meet with you ladies in a few minutes. So it would be wise if you get up now."

Deva rubbed her eyes as she stared at the clock. It was already noon. How did that happen she asked herself? Then she remembered her long night with Lucian. She honestly loved spending time with him because he was always truthful to her and always had a story to tell. He felt comfortable around her and she really liked that about him because he was more open with her then the rest of the mysterious brothers.
"Alright Amy. Thank you."

Deva quickly dressed and noticed her roommate Lacey was nowhere in the room. Making her way down the empty hall alone she could hear voices coming from the study room.
"Yes well Marcus took me to a really classy restaurant. It was so amazing. The night couldn't have been better, I swear." A tall brunette gushed to the Taylor Swift look alike.

"My night was incredible too. Darius took me out to the movies and the cute part about it was he emptied out the theater so it was just him and me." The blonde looked like she wanted to squeak with glee.

Deva couldn't stop her sarcastic reflexes. "Maybe he didn't want to be seen in public with you."
The blonde pressed her lips together and glared at Deva with much disdain. "Or maybe he wanted me all to himself."

Deva wasn't too sure what kind of a person Darius was yet so therefore she wasn't completely sure what his intention were. Maybe he did like the tall blondes and way over the top kind of girls.
"Yeah maybe you're right."

Deva turned to get away but stopped when she heard the blonde whisper to the other girl, "She actually thinks playing hard to get is working for her." Giggles came from both of them.

"I'm not actually playing anything, Taylor. I don't want them. You can have them." Deva declared.

Her remark didn't assure the blonde at all. "Yeah right, I know you want them. Do I really look that stupid to you?"

"Do you really want me to answer that truthfully?" Deva bit down her tongue.

The blonde smirked and tossed her hair away from her face just like the popular girls back in high school used to do. "The only reason the princes are spending time with you is because they have to. I mean why else would they be around someone or rather something as pathetic as you. You have nothing to offer them." The brunette was laughing while the blonde moved closer. "Do you even own a brush? Your hair is horrid, your skin is scrappy, and your personality sucks."

It was girls like this that Deva stayed away from or tried to avoid all her life. They thought that perfect hair, a dab of lipstick, and heels would get them everything they wanted even immortal princes.
"There's a reason I don't have that many friends," Deva mumbled to herself and started to walk away. She didn't want to get into any fights or cause a scene. Attention was not something she wanted at this point.

"That's right little troll. Just walk away." The two girls snickered at the blonde's comeback.
Deva couldn't hold back her laughter. Really, she thought, troll. Was that the best she could come up with?

Deva turned back around. "Do you get laughed at a lot and never know why?"

They both turned to give Deva death glares. "No I don't act stupid and desperate like you to be laughed at."

"Yeah I don't think you act stupid either. I'm sure it's the real thing." Deva walked away giggling for her own amusement. She made her way to the solid oak table and pushed up to sit on it as she watched the scene of taunting girls thriving over the princes' arrival. Not but seconds later all three of the brothers' heads looked up at her.