24. Promiscuous Ways

Deva woke up with heavy arms cocooned around her. Opening her eyes, she was greeted with a beautifully handsome face that could only belong to the prince of any girl's dream. The last time she woke up in Darius' arms she left immediately. She couldn't handle being around him, and rushed to get some air. Not this time. Staring at his smiling peaceful face, Deva felt her breath get caught. How could someone so beautiful be real?

She traced the flawless skin of his face taking in his dark brows, perfect sharp nose, and saving the best for last his very inviting pink lips.

He began to stir underneath her touch, and a smile spread across his face. "Were you checking me out while I was sleeping?"

"Possibly." She regretted not checking out the rest of his body that was still under the covers.

"Creeper," he joked.

"Yet you still find me attractive. I bet that quality even turns you on."

He chuckled before rolling over; so he was on top of her now. Her sweet face was only an inch from his. "You know me too well."

"I might be psychic."

Their lips met and the whole world disappeared. He wasn't sure how she did it, but every time they kissed, he found himself wanting more. Breaking the kiss, Deva turned to get up making Darius groan.

"You really shouldn't pull away from a vampire like that." He said sternly.

"What? Should I bow down and submit to your every whim?"

"It would be in your best interest to do so."

She rolled her eyes, getting up from his extremely comfortable bed. "Sorry. Not my style."

"Figures. The one girl I fall for doesn't even go for any of my charms."

"Charms? What charms? Muffin, life's just not fair." She started walking towards the door when he quickly pulled her back against his massive broad chest.

"Where do you think you're going?"

"To my room to wash and change."

He started pulling her towards his own bathroom. It was a bit bigger than hers and much manlier looking. "I have a spare toothbrush you can use. I don't want to let you out of my sight."

"I'm not going to disappear Dar."

"You never know. Considering who you are, I'm taking all the precaution I can get."

"Whatever." He kissed her neck before letting her go.

Deva quickly washed her face and brushed her teeth while Darius did the same at the sink beside hers. They were playfully staring at each other every once in a while till they finished.

"I still need to change muffin."

He led her into his big enormous closet. It was filled with all sorts of expensive looking clothes. She was sure not even Calvin Klein had as many clothes in his closet. Darius pulled out a navy blue t-shirt and sweat pants handing it to her.

"Wear this."

She found it ridiculous that he wouldn't let her go get clothes from her own room, but humored him anyway by putting the shirt on. The soft smirk on his face proved how much he enjoyed seeing her in his own clothes.

"Happy princey?"

"Yes."

He took her hand and entwined their fingers while he led her down the stairs to the kitchen. It was a little after breakfast so he knew chef wouldn't be in at that time.