26-Imprisoning

October's P.O.V 

Before I knew it I could notice the strapping hold of the Beta guards roughly framing my arms as I was soon carried. Too numb to even react, they carried me off lightly. I couldn't even face Quincy, myself positively guilt stricken. Behind me I could decipher Zachary's snicker, Haley offload orders and Maverick scuttling out of his room, yelling down the hall. I could feel Quincy's heart rapidly break off into shattered pieces, his grip on reality slowly slipping. He would slump down, Zachary falling down with him as he was pressed to the wall. The broken sobs echoing off the walls as he howled in despair. 

I hadn't killed her. I knew that. Cassia's death was such a surprise, unsought of to the extent that it was never on the cards. Like hell I would kill her, I couldn't even injure a fly never mind pierce a woman or man physically. I would have gagged myself before the suggestion, now I didn't even have time to explain before I was sent off. The views were after all not in my favour, I was something that they were frightened of - out of everyone why not me? Was I not the most likely to commit the offence of regicide? A matter of treason? 

That's what I thought when I was thrown down a cellar, brutally kicked before I was tied to a pole inside of the bleak confinement. The lights were off, if there were any in the first place and the floors themselves were harsh, never being scaled or patterned. It was like reverting back to two or so centuries before, even the audible scuttling of rats as I heard the door behind me shut with a bang. I shook my chains in desperation, bitterly dispirited once I had failed to move even a slight inch. 

Nothing helped, I winced my eyes to look out only to meet up with more despondent murk, attempting to howl got me nowhere and it took only a few seconds before I could feel no more, but the own hollow emptiness of being alone. Just by myself. I wondered what would happen, if they killed me over this - what would happen to Quincy? Judging by Zachary's hungry expression he would be the first to step forward, seducing my beloved Mate in my mourning period. Quincy would relent, only to eventually give up if pestered enough by his family or Sophie. From then on I could only stupidly envision images of him and Zachary, shrouded by children identical to Zachary, each with their own specially crafted annoying tail assisted with irritating smirks. 

I growled, smashing my head against the pole again. The only hint of it being one by the cylinder feeling surrounding it. It was dry, maybe even levelled by several layers of oil spillage or such. They could kill me down here, was my first thought. A second later, the consideration of that didn't seem so bad. A quick and easy death, something to rid myself of the pang of guilt eating at my gut, the misguided ideas that I had eased from Cassia. I had so dumbly followed her to the window, alone. It was obvious that Cassia was involved with something sticky, so sticky that it probably wanted to do something to ruin my good name. Or as good as it ever got around here. 

Quincy... 

Oh God. He would never forgive me. Only hours ago I had promised him that I would protect him, never hurt him...this must have nearly killed him. 

Are you seriously going to cry over this? 

No hesitation. "Shut up Aed. This is your entire fault." I scowled, bitterly gnawing my teeth. I felt tired already, perhaps even sweaty.