22-Birthing

grá mo chroí=Love of my heart

 Mo chuisle= My Love

Quincy's P.O.V 

October and I returned home, eager to mate and just relish in our bonds once again as we had now done several times. I for one was so eager to do so that I had begun a teasing game in the car. One which involved the trading of our saliva multiple times as Owen skidded along the drive. Only when we arrived, that mating didn't tend to happen. As we were escorted back into the castle by the Beta and Delta guards we came to the realization that nobody who we thought of importantly was present. 

That's when I smelt it, and I was pretty sure October did too. The sweet scent of puppies, newborns or whatever you chose to call them. My dash was quick, an immediate reaction to the source of the scent as I raced forwards to it, slightly eagerly. October hissed, chasing behind me in haste. Pushing open the doors, in the general birthing room I slid past the gaggle of Omega nurses, making my way to the Royal Birth room. Surely there was Fiona, now licking up a litter of pups as the blonde werewolf grinned at me (for she still somehow managed to grin). For the past fortnight she had been advised by the Pack Doctor to remain in wolf form, due to the fact that a birth in animal form was much easier to manage. Now I saw why. 

The blonde female wolf sat elegantly stroking her litter of four pups. At least one being an Omega, and the rest being Alphas. There was no Beta among them as far as I could smell, and the other four Alpha siblings, black as they were like Maverick's wolf shifted alongside so to permit their Omega sibling the opportunity to suckle. Already, by instinct they were much gentler to the Omega, in a way they would not treat a Beta sibling, if a Beta they would have been treated as a mangy runt. 

Fiona sighed, her wolf nuzzling into the shoulder of the man beside her, that man being Maverick. The dark haired man stroked the wolf's neck, caressing her reassuringly as he lifted the newborn Omega blonde wolf unto his lap. 

The room itself was crowded by family members. In one corner stood Cassia, Cyan on her hip as the young child Alpha had already resolved to changing forms so to welcome the new pups. It would be hopeful that by doing this, the Pups would adapt to their human forms much earlier. The other spectrum of the room held Rowan and Frederick, the Omega fiddling with his fingers, but a rather wistful expression plastered. I knew that by now, long ago if it had not been for my acute nose I would have not been invited immediately, as everyone else seemed to be rather involved in the activity of gazing at the newborn litter. 

October came to a swift halt beside me, shoving past the Omega nurses and a couple of Alpha doctors. He froze when he saw the sight of Fiona, a watery smile growing on his face. 

Fiona shuffled, just as the Omega mewled in his or hers father's palm. They were being doted upon, but that didn't mean that their siblings would be neglected. All three Alpha pups fought over their suckling opportunities momentarily before falling into some sort of pattern, one which was disturbed when Maverick passed the littlest Omega unto me. I gasped, cradling the head of the baby wolf nervously as the older Alpha did the same with everyone else. Rowan and Frederick held one each of the dark puppies, as October cuddled another to his muscular chest. 

There was a silence, until the little Omega had begun to yap at me, rolling backwards to display the O on their belly. I caught a sign of his insanely small member, nearly non-existent.