24-Dueling

Sophie by the side

October's P.O.V 

"You can't be serious October, you don't even fully comprehend the complications of what you are about to do." The apprehensive red head tittered beside me as I stride strongly to the arena. "He's an Alpha, as well as an experienced one at that. One little mistake and he could break your neck." 

I sighed, strapping the dreary padding that she had forced me to wear closer along my bodice. I looked like a fool, but Rowan swore that precautions had to be taken for my own greater good. We couldn't have me returning back more damaged than preventable. The jade eyed female Alpha nervously emphasized this, studying me. 

"October, rethink this maybe? Just maybe? Do you really think that Quincy would like you back in bits? I think that he would be more than gutted, in more ways than one." She advised, pulling me to the side. 

I couldn't back out now. If it wasn't for my overwhelming pride it would be due to the fact that I now had an assembly of onlookers that had heard the news subsequently flocked to see such a high key battle. It had been less than an hour but it seemed that if not all, most of the Lycan Alphas and Betas had attended. The Omegas were generally absent, turned away from the arena as tradition went by; aside from Quincy anyway most of them disliked violence. 

From what I had observed from the arena most fights ended when one person had humbly given in, all the same a niggling feeling gave me the notion that I severely doubted Zachary would allow me off so easily. The instant I had accepted he had cracked the most blessed of smiles, largely chivalrous entirely. It was like the rain had sudden evaporated away, the clouds hiding as a blissful sun took place instead, accompanied by a fruitful rainbow. That's how content he looked. 

I didn't qualm that Zachary wanted something, if it was Quincy or the kingdom both feelings had come to mind. It wouldn't be until the end of the year when Quincy and I would take our position as kings, never having gone on that proper honeymoon but rather falling deeply into the swing of things rapidly. Regardless of which he wanted I would block all rights to him. Zachary, even if he had used to be an Imperialist he was now a Traditionalist, by gene pool he would never meet a Mate like born a Traditionalist's yet would have to respect others with their own. 

It was my duty to make him understand that. As king and as Quincy's Mate no one else could fill my shoes. Making Zachary submit would prove to generously be one of the most difficult tasks probably ever noted to man, conversely in the long run to prevent him challenging me like this it would be worth it. Then again, I pondered about what he had said. In many ways despite mine and Rowan's outrage he was right. I hadn't changed forms yet, which was all fairly remarkable. That not being remarkable in a good way. 

Quincy hadn’t said anything about it, and then again why would he? He constantly mentioned that he loved me the way that I was - Were or not. In spite of that, I did wonder how long he could keep it going before he realized what a sad excuse for a Mate that I was. I would never join in hunting season like everyone else, be the Mate that he needed for protection or bravery. Even on our Mating, I could see the jealousy of everyone else or the hidden fury. They didn't think that I was good enough for him... 

"Oh Eternal Elders! Think about this October!" Rowan cried gripping at my now bulked up sleeve.