Chapter 7

Happy summer holidays everyone! Have a good day and hope you enjoy the chapter.
*~*

I sit by the window in my favourite seat. Saria sits in front of me on the other side of the small table that we dragged over so she could sew while we chat. We have become really close in the day that we spent opening up to one another. I feel a strong need to protect her like a sister and I would do anything to spare her from feeling the pain she had when her family was killed. Anger still fills me when I think of what King Laeron has done.

He will pay.

Saria speaks up from her sewing, "I wish you didn't have to go so soon". I look over at her from the window.

"I know...are you aware if anyone will be accompanying me on my journey?".

She nods her head reassuringly, "Yes, you will have one lady in waiting with you for your travels as well as the Prince's royal travel team. I'm sure you will be taken care of." I smile.  

I would greatly appreciate of her companionship so I ask, "What if you could be my lady in waiting Saria?"

Saria sighs and places her unfinished work on the table. If it wasn't for the maids clothing she could be mistaken for a lady, she did grow up as one after all before she was brought here.

"I'm afraid that cannot happen. Your lady in waiting has already been assigned and I'm sure that the King will not be granting you favours with your position with him at the moment," she looks at me pointedly, "besides I know the girl to be assigned to you and she is lovely, her name is Lenna Perdove. She usually is assigned to Lady Annallee Omanorin . You are in good hands, though she is a little shy."

"It is a terrible shame. I would love to have you accompany me. You could really help me calm my fiery temper." Adding a laugh to lighten the mood. I am going to miss her a lot while I'm gone...but I have things to do.

Saria sighs, "I'll miss you too Myria. I am so grateful for your friendship and I feel like I have known you forever. I couldn't ask for a better friend." She gives me a warm, genuine smile.. Her words touch me. I have felt so alone here. I thought nobody would accept me as a friend but I was wrong. 

"Thank you Saria, that means a lot to me. I have never met anyone as kind and understanding as you, I thought everyone here was a monster but you have showed me that there is light in this dark place." I say with a smile as I give her a hand a small squeeze over the table. I can only hope that Saria will not be punished because of what I have to do.

~*~

Happy Friday, I have decided to change my update schedule as I have exams this year. I will continue to update but of my own accord when I have the time. I hope I haven't disappointed anyone but I will try to update frequently...I won't disappear. :) Also good luck to anyone who made it into the Short list for the Wattys 2017! Bye.