Chapter 12: Baby Sister

Author's Note:

++++++++++++o+++++++++++

Hello Readers!

Thank you for sticking with us this far and we hope you are enjoying this FOURTRIS story. We wanted to take a moment to offer a window into our plan for this story, which will hopefully alleviate the stress that some readers may be feeling.

First and foremost - this is a Fourtris love story. Is it a one shot? No. Is it a short story that will be resolved in 4 chapters? No. This is a long book! =)

We are excited to share that we have completed a full outline for this story that will have many ups and downs. We also want to point out that specific plot points are crucial to the long term goal of this plot/story. So we realize it may be frustrating to some that a character doesn't always make the smartest choice, or think through all possible solutions...but 1. It is by design/a choice we are making as authors and 2. We don't personally know anyone that is on point and never makes a mistake or misses a clue in real life. We personally don't fit that description!

And let's be honest - Ms.Tris and Mr.Tobias both make their fair share of poor decisions and mistakes in Roth's true TDS. As they should - they are human and it drove the story.

So that said - - we want to point out that this Part II of our long story is very sad, hard to read, and will be difficult for some readers as it was for us even as authors. That said, there is a reason for it as the life-experiences that our characters, as we choose to portray them, will endure will greatly impact their lives moving forward and more importantly choices they will make. Another glimpse: The next part will be a much more upbeat and romantic (angst and love) part of this story.

We hope that you will stick with us and enjoy the process.

Thank you again for your time and support.

Co-Authors: Fourtris_HEA and DivergentPanda46

++++++++++++o+++++++++++

Chapter 12: Baby Sister

Date: Beatrice's Choosing Day is 5 months away (January)

^^Beatrice POV^^

The knife spins, end over end, as it sails toward the oak tree, sticking at the center of the crude line I scratched into the trunk. I used to aim for the big knot situated about a foot below this spot, but the surface of the knot has become quite tattered.

"Your aim is even better than mine once was, Beatrice," Mother beams, rubbing her swollen belly with one hand, over top of the heavy blankets she is bundled in. "You will do so well at Dauntless." I smile at her to cover the way my stomach turns at the reminder of how I am deceiving her. The snow crunches under my boots as I make my way to the tree trunk to retrieve the knife Uriah gave me.

Mother is still training me for Dauntless. She is far too heavily pregnant now to train with me-- even early in the pregnancy she often couldn't due to the injuries Marcus regularly inflicted, so now, it is out of the question.

Situations have changed, and nothing seems to be turning out as I expected.

Mother expects the baby to arrive in three or four weeks. I wish I could be excited to welcome this new little person into our lives, but all I feel now is heartache. Mother broke the news of her decision to me three months ago. She has decided to give the baby to a factionless couple, Ruby and Daniel, to raise as their own. There, it would be "safe" in the factionless sector, where Marcus would not know it had survived and could not get to it.