Chapter 13: Starting Their New Life

Part III: Dauntless (Four & Tris)

++++++++++0+++++++++
Authors' note: Hello, Readers! Thank you for sticking with us and reading this far. We are now at the point in the story that lines up with the beginning of Roth's Divergent book. Please keep in mind that in our alternate universe, a lot of things have changed. Not only are Four and Tris two years older (20 and 18), the situation leading up to this point in the story is significantly different from the original series, and our characters have been shaped by their life experiences to date. They are different versions of themselves from what we all have read in Divergent, and as a result, may respond to their challenges differently than we might have expected them to in the original series. This won't be like a reread of Divergent-- this is a new world. We will pull some of our favorite parts from the original books as they fit.

Enjoy Part III!

Xo, FourTris_HEA & DivergentPanda46

PS-

We decided to post early this week in honor of Panda's birthday which is today!!! We both really loved this chapter, we hope you do too!

++++++++++0+++++++++

Chapter 13: Starting Their New Life

Date: Choosing Day-1st Day of Initiation / Baby Natty is 5 months old (Middle of June)

**Tris POV**

I sit on the train as it takes us to Dauntless, resting my head against the wall. I watch as Christina, who is from Candor, is talking to a blond boy wearing Erudite blue. The wind rushed through the car, and the other faction transfers had been hit with bursts of air, and fell on top of one another. Christina and I had been sitting already and got to enjoy the show. Christina laughed, but I was unable to hear her over the loud wind. She smiled at the Erudite boy who managed to roll out from under the heap of initiates before being sat on. He is now sitting with us and talking with Christina. I could not hear his name over the loud wind. I am not involved in the conversation.

It is fine with me, I sit back and go over my plan in my mind. This is it. The time has finally come.

I allow myself one moment to remember Marcus's face as I walked up to him proudly and looked at him before dropping my blood into the Dauntless bowl. He kept his face neutral and serene...all lies. I saw the clear rage in his eyes.

I will never think of that bastard again.

Besides, I have more important things to think about right now: my daughter and our new life.

We decided that both Ruby and Daniel will travel through the city with the baby to deliver her to the front entry of Dauntless. They plan to wear their grungiest clothes and look as disheveled as possible to sell the idea that the baby cannot be taken care of by them.

It was during my training with Mother that she had mentioned that many times someone may choose a new name when choosing a new life. Since then I have been thinking of a new name for myself; Beatrice will always represent fond memories for me of my family and Abnegation. I am starting a new life now.

I choose Tris.

Ruby and Daniel know to ask to speak to a leader and then explain that Natty is my daughter, I am a single mother, and that the father had been factionless and died long ago.

Ruby has been amazing at researching our plan, there are many ex-Dauntless that are now Factionless. Many are older and didn't want to end their lives, so they went the Factionless route. I feel confident about this plan; so far all of the information we have found supports that Dauntless will be an amazing fit for us.