Avneil

Neil went inside to see avni once nurses changed her dressings.

Avni was awake now. As Neil entered the room she opened her eyes and looked at him calmly and happily.

Neil did not remove his eyes from hers in case he misses any movement of hers -"Avni.."

Avni smiled and spoke very softly -"you're alive!"

Neil (smiling)-"thanks to you, it's not my ghost talking to you love "

Both of them smiled hearing this. Neil walked up to her and pulled up a chair by her head. He then Sat holding her hand.

Avni (with questions in her eyes)-" Neil..who were those people?"

Neil -"Avni main abhi nahi jaanta wo Kaun the. Par jo bhi the pakade jayenge. You don't worry. DD is here as well. Between the two of us you'll not be left alone " (i do not know yet who they were.. but whoever they are they will be caught)

Avni -"Neil. They wanted to kill you. Wo Mujhe nahi maarna chahte the" (they did not want to kill me)

Neil -"I know sweetheart. Still. For my peace of mind let me handle your security as well"

Avni smiled softly again. She was in pain and a little dazed out. But she was very happy. Till the last time she was conscious, she couldn't remember whether Neil would remain alive or not. 

After she took the bullet for him, she had blanked out.

Her first thought after coming to her senses was whether Neil is alright. One of the nurses had then mentioned that her husband was waiting outside the entire night for her to be awake. Avni was elated to hear that Neil was alive and well enough to wait outside for her.

She suddenly remembered about Neil's head injury.

Avni -"Neil tumhare Sar pe chot lagi thi. Bahut khoon nikal raha tha!". (Neil you were hurt as well? You were bleeding)

She then started getting a little worked up.

Neil pressed her hand with his and said-" relax love. Take a deep breath. I'm alive and in front of yoU. Avni tum ab aaram Karo, sleep more if you can. I'm here only " (now rest)

Just then DD walked in and saluted avni.

DD-"bhabhi. Aapne to kamaal hi Kar diya! Aapko to police officer hona chahiye. Bravery award milna chahiye. Aapne sir ji ki jaan bacha li" (ma'am you are a genius.. you should have been a police officer ,gotten a bravery award.. you saved sir)

Neil and avni both laughed at this and immediately felt lighter and better. It was definitely good to have DD there!

Neil and DD 's backs were to the door. Just then avni looked behind them and exclaimed with happiness -"Ma!"

Neil looked back surprised. It was Neela ma! But how! He had not informed her about their condition. Neela came in teary eyed and rushed in the front and hugged avni lightly.

Neela-"bachha. Avni. Beta thik to ho!" (my child.. are you ok)

Then she looked at Neil and then at his bandage. She touched Neil on the forehead -"beta. Ye sab kya ho Gaya tum dono ko. Main to kitna khush chodke gayi thi avni ko Aur ab.." (child.. what happened to you two.. i left Avni so happy and now..)

Avni -"Aur ab main khush hoon maa (and then holding Neil's hand she continued).. Neil Aur main dono khush hain maa. This was an unfortunate incident. But Neil has been my support ever since you left. And I've never been happier ma. I've now gained whatever I had lost in life.."

(and now i am happy mom..both of us are happy.. )

Neela ma hugged avni and neil again at hearing this.

Neela -"I can't say when I Had been happier beta. I've never never been so happy! Wo to Ali came to know I was back in India and called me else Mujhe to Pata hi nahi chalta ki tum log.."(..Ali came to know i was back in India ....else i would not have known that you two..)

Neil's and DD's eyebrows rose at this.

Neil (cutting Neela ma in between)-"Neela ma. When did Ali call u?"

Neela was a bit Confused as she answered -"yesterday night. And I took this morning flight and then cab and came here straight "

Avni also realized what had surprised Neil by now. She got a little disturbed -"Neil. How did Ali know what happened to us and where we are now?"

Neil looked at Avni with sad eyes and avni understood. Ali did all this. Maybe in his jealousy. But he tried to kill her Neil, her husband. She said -"Neil. I have no words. Whatever he did.."

"He did in his full senses. And he is ashamed and sorry.."- a voice said from the door and Ali walked inside.

Neil looked urgently at DD who immediately took out a weapon on Ali and kept it trained on him. Ali looked at it. And then he looked at Avni and the many tubes inserted in her veins With an inscrutable expression in his eyes. And then He turned towards DD -"arrest me "

Everyone looked at him with sadness and Neela looked at all this confused.

Ali -"i deserve it. I went blind with my possessive nature for avni. I don't deserve anything else but prison "

He then looked at Avni who refused to look back at him.

DD took Ali out. Neela ma looked at them -"did Ali..? Hey ishwar! Ye kya kiya Ali ne. ". She could not stop her emotions at this sad turn of events. (oh god.. what has Ali done!)

Neil -"Ma. What's important is avni is ok now. And she will recover quickly as well. There's nothing to be sad of right now. I want to thank you. For showing me the right way with avni. 

Without your encouragement I would've never acted upon my love for her. And my life would've remained away from me..."

Saying this Neil got emotional and a tear escaped his eye. Avni held his hand tightly and squeezed it.

They looked into each other's eyes and avni said with a twinkle in her eye -"Neil. Ab ye Pata Karo ki Main Kab discharge hoke tea estate ja paungi. Mera sapna Kahin sapna hi na reh jaaye" (..enquire when I will be discharged and going to the tea estate. else my dream will remain a dream only)

At this both Neela and neil laughed.

Neil spoke the next words with pure love -"wifey! Ab to poori life will be spent in traveling and in tea Estates if you want it. I love you avni" (now entire life will be..)

---------

I love you Avneil!