A new friend?!

Want to know my readers' reactions after the revelation of this suspense ;) Pls feel free to share in comments!

----------------

Neil was flabbergasted after hearing the person's voice.

Neil (exhaling slowly in amazement) - "No..way....Oh My God!..."

The person turned around and let down their hood. Neil kept on looking while Avni seemed a bit amused at the scene in front of her.

The person standing in front of Neil was a girl. Her loose clothes and hood hid her identity so far but she did not seem to want to keep it a secret anymore.

Neil was still blinking and rubbing his eyes - "You are a GIRL!!!"

The girl - "What happened Mr Police Officer? Have you not seen a girl in combat fighting before? And this is when one of your closest friends on the force is a female! I am talking about Mitali.."

Neil was speechless. This girl seemed to know everything about him and he did not even know she existed till now! In fact she was so close and clearly so important to his Avni and she had never mentioned this person before.

The girl continued (she had a soft and quiet , low but extremely confident voice )- "Do not be surprised. I know everything about Avni and people surrounding her. It is my responsibility to do that."

While this confusion was unfolding, one of the goons (whose kneecap was not broken) decided to make a run for it, leaving his companion to get jailed. Then something really funny happened. The girl raised her voice and said - "Stop or I will find you again."

The goon slowed down, he continued running but at a lower speed and then he stopped and thought something, then he turned and came back. He was weeping and had a fearful look on his face. He sat down back beside his battered companion and held his ears as he sat.

The goon - "Madam please, I cannot take any more beating. I have never felt such pain in my life"

Girl (again speaking in an even calmer, slow voice) - "One more word without my permission and I will show you hell.. Act if you were born mute and deaf"

And then the two grown brutes, the two goons put their fingers in their ears! Even the man with the broken wrist tried to lift his hand! Neil thought this sort of terror can be invoked in the goons only when they tried putting up a lot of fight against her but their efforts were useless as she easily bested them. Their will was broken completely and they were defeated and afraid now. The girl was really good! Neil would not want to confront her in battlefield or be on the wrong side of her....

Neil - "Aap kaun ho? And how do you know Avni? Aur.. aur Avni.. tum thik to ho na..."(So who are you. And how do you know avni. And avni are you OK)

Avni (nodding her head) - "haan Neil. Main thik hoon.. Par tumko yahan nahi aana chahiye tha."(Yes Neil. I'm OK. But you should not have come)

Neil started trying to say something and then just lowered his head..

Neil (very softly) - "Kaise nahi aata main.."(How could I've not)

The new Girl - "Avni.. This scene is making me uncomfortable. If your romance is over can you tell me what have you decided? It was good to talk to you on phone but now I want to talk in detail. Since I am back in this city, I have been shadowing you and have made my own investigations, I think I know why attempts are being made on your life.."

Avni - "Why Shabana?"

Neil thought - 'Oh, so this is her name! But how does Avni know her? And how is she so good at all this?'

Shabana - "Your life is in danger because of your husband Neil.."

This time Avni and Neil both looked extremely shocked.

Avni - "Shabana kya bol rahi ho... This is impossible! Neil kuch nahi kar sakta aisa that might even remotely harm me.. I have seen how much he cares about me.. You know what Shabana (Avni's voice got softer) when I was alone... When you and Neela ma, no body could be there with me, then Neil helped me. He went against his own instincts as a police officer to help me get my revenge! And now you are saying it is because of him?!"( What are you saying..Neil can't do anything like this...)

Shabana (yawning) - "Well you know what, I will tell you everything. But even my love for you cannot keep me awake now. To save your life I have not slept for two days planning and investigating, leaving no loose ends! Now get me a good cup of tea.."

Avni - "Oh! I am sorry Shabana.. Chal I will take you to my childhood haunt that is a great cafe now.. Ali's cafe!"(Chal =come)

Shabana (mischievously) - "Oh that guy who saved you by taking the hit of a truck. I owe him big time. Let me eat at his cafe and give him some business!"

Avni - "You have not changed at all!"

Shabana and Avni started walking away from the platform. Avni locked eyes with Neil before leaving. Her eyes showed a new twinkle after arrival of her mystery friend. As for Neil, he could not be more relieved and more curious!

By then DD had arrived. Neil asked him to take care of the goons and to arrest them and keep them in remand prison. And then he jogged after Avni and her friend to join them in their conversation.

Avni (seeing Neil walk up to them, said sadly) - "Neil.. ruk jao.. I think its better if you do not come."( Neil stop...)

Neil got a bit sad at this, looking at Avni pleadingly - "Avni please.. I need to know about your life.. Itna to haq hai mujhe shayad..I am not sure about my rights anymore as your husband. I have let you down on many counts. But this is about your safety. I want to know everything as well. Please Avni.."(..maybe I deserve that much..)

Shabana - "Avni. You are being emotional. This is not the strong Avni I knew. Think rationally. Neil is a friend. And I believe in only two types of people in my life - friends and enemies, it keeps things simple. Also while investigating about your life I did see a new side to him, which I think only he will disclose to you .., so I have some amount of confidence in this guy!"

Avni looked confused at it but Neil wondered if Shabana knew about his love for Avni. It was no secret actually, everyone apart from Avni could see it in his eyes!

-----------

SO how was it? :) By the way, the new character has no link with 'Naam Shabana' but is definitely a homage to her! I think it was a very fine female protagonist movie made in recent times! More power to women!!