The hurt!

Neil was too shocked to react and kept on standing behind everyone, feeling empty of all emotions.

Shweta - "Waah bahurani wah. You are really making our family name famous. Wow Ananya. I knew you were a fast player beneath your seemingly innocent face. But did not know you were so fast! " ( Wow daughter in law...)

Riya did not want to be left behind in taking full advantage of this opportunity and said - "Hey Ananya. I knew you liked Ali since before your marriage to Neil. But had I known you loved him so much that you broke down seeing him hurt then I would have never run away from the  mandap and would have gone ahead and married Neil!"(Mandap =Hindu wedding venue)

Bebe listened to this and was speechless. She was stunned and could not and did not speak anything in Ananya's defense as she felt cheated! A web of lies was shown to her! Ananya's innocence was a drama. She trusted someone after so long but it seemed her Neil was in the wrong hands. Bebe sat down with her head in her hands in a chair by the wall. She refused to speak and look at anyone. But Shweta shamelessly continued abusing Avni and taking advantage of the situation.

Avni was unable to focus on both disentangling herself and on answering and pleading to Shweta. It was almost five minutes  since the Khanna family had walked in upon Avni and Ali. Shweta's words were piercing Avni's ears all this while. She looked up and saw that Neil was there. She expected neil to defend her in front of his mom, but Neil was oddly quiet and just looking through her and Ali. He was also just standing behind and not coming forward to help her.

Finally one person stepped in his daughter in law's defence.

Prakash (raising his hand to stop Shweta's poisonous monologue) -"bas kariye Shweta ji. This is unfair that you're accusing this child without proper background of what happened. Let her speak her mind as..."( Stop it Shweta..)

Shweta (cutting Prakash off in mid sentence) - "Prakash ji. I don't know what magic wands this girls used. Aapko uski galtiyan dikhti hi nahi! Bas mera muh band Karte ho. It's better I speaks than the world speaks against this girl"(..you can't see her mistakes. You just try and shut me up...)

Prakash went quiet at this. He had never been a confrontational person all his life. He was a kind man who loved his family and loved his wife as well. He decided it was better to keep quiet as his further objections will lead to inflating the issue even more. Avni had now pulled herself from Ali that led to her mangalsutra breaking. Everyone looked at it with pain and disgust in their eyes except for Prakash. Neil's face was still unreadable to avni.

Finally avni faced everyone and spoke to everyone.

Avni -"Shweta Aunty. You guys are mistaken. I did nothing. I was just talking to Ali and.."

Shweta (in her usual bossy avatar) -"hey girls. Chup Kar! I knows what you does. Sharm nahi aati. Just looks at her face neil. Just look at her and you'll knows she's lying"(..shut up. Aren't you ashamed?..)

At this everyone looked behind at Neil. His face was expression less  but his eyes showed his pain. One glance at his eyes and Avni understood that Neil was misunderstanding her as well. Avni decided she needed to correct his thinking quickly before things escalate.

Avni -"Neil.. Do you also not believe me.."

Neil was quiet but Shweta spoke -"shut up! How dares she talks to my son after this natak. She sleeps around and then she talks like this"(natak =pretense)

Avni started crying at this. Ali clenched his fists seeing his friend and his loved one cry. However Neil it seemed had turned into stone. He didn't speak a word to correct Shweta. Avni looked at Neil again.