The Reason WHY?; 18

Chapter 18

Savannah’s POV

I opened my eyes gently, getting nauseous because of the smell.

I looked around its all freaking white.

Where am I? I wonder.

I focused myself harder on looking for where I’m possibly at, and then I saw her… Rue.

“R-rue?” I croaked, causing my throat to hurt more.

“Cameron?” she called out.

I looked to my right and there he was, his eyes are swelling because of too much crying.

He really cares about me huh?

“Hey, Savannah… my love are you alright? Does anything hurt? I am so sorry this happened to you, I’m sorry for everything.” he kneeled beside my bed to level his head with mine.

“Y-you called me Savannah…” I asked confused.

“Yes, I know you’re Savannah, and I still love you for that.” He said sweetly.

“Y-you love me?” I croaked again, my eyes swelling up with tears.

He puts his hand on my cheek and rubs it with his thumb, “of course.” He smiled assuringly.

And then I remembered Rue, “Rue! She’s here, Cameron… Look.” I looked at Rue, which is dressed very differently from the way she dresses.

“Uhmm, Savannah, actually…” she started

“Later, Savannah needs her rest.” But Cameron cut her out.

“You go and sleep more okay? Rue and I will be outside, just call us if you need something.” He kisses my forehead and they both left.

I tried to think more, but my head’s pounding and Cameron’s right, I need more rest.

Cameron’s POV

“What was that about? I’m trying to tell her everything but you butted it, I haven’t even started yet.” She hissed.

“I told you she needs to rest first. It’s your fault you can even tell her now because you freaking shot her and now she’s confined here in the hospital just a few seconds ago of her surgery.” I hissed back.

“You know what? Just go and tell her what you want her to believe, but I’ll find my way to tell her my side of the story.” And with that she walked out of the hospital.

A few moments later my phone rang, “hello?” I answered it.

“Cameron, I am so disappointed in you. What happened to our game?” he went on, “don’t tell me this girl changed your point of view, it’s just unacceptable. We’re still on. Don’t let your sister score.” And he hanged up before I could say anything.

My dad really lacks a heart right now, after my mother died his perspective in life became so cruel that killing people is just a leisure time for him— well, us.

I have to tell him to stop this game anymore, nobody’s doing anything good for anybody, you know? We just destroy people’s lives without them deserving it. No one deserved to be killed.

My mind’s all set on the reality now, I just got to move and make a change.

My phone rang again, this time it’s James.

“What?” I asked.

“Well, while you’re there thinking about the games you planned all along. Candace is here having quite a score.” He said, I bet he’s even smirking.

“what? No!! she can’t do that!” I said out loud. “Do something… stop her! Make her come here instead.”

After an hour, Candace and James walked in the hospital.

“What took you so long?” I hissed.

“Dad found out that I’m scoring, so he just stopped me right there and then. Now, I just have to clear everything up to blondie. You know what? Maybe you’re right. I’m getting tired of this. I even told Savannah to make a change, and change this system. Maybe I’m dead serious when I told her that. Wait here, I’ll talk to her.” And with that she walks past me and went inside the room.

Savannah’s POV

I’m getting all confused on what’s happening now.

Rue is alive… so they don’t really kill people? But what happened to Peter and the rest? They never did come back, did they?

My head hurts from all the thinking and trying to solve everything out.

“Savannah?” a small voice called and Rue is peeking from the door.

“Come in Rue.” I said and she sat to the stool beside me.

“I want to tell you the truth. About everything, even Cameron’s side. But it’s a VERY long story so let me just start from the very beginning where Cameron is not that happy with his life…”

She beagn telling me about how Cameron was bullied when he was in middle school, and even though she can see it, she can never really do anything about it.

His father found a way though, to build a school and make him the king of everything and she also told me this little game they played.

All this killing and threatening students, it s all just a game…

I never really thought they would be that cruel at all.

And she also told me how she got into the game by Cameron killing Peter.

Though it’s a little hard and too much to take in, I manage to be cool and continue to listen to this horrible story of their lives.

“Well, I don’t know how they had license on running a school with this kind of system; I just went with it knowing that no police is coming at our front door. Tracefield is a very small town, I bet it’s not even on the map, or barely anyone know about it. This town is too invisible so maybe that’s how they manage all of that.” Rue continued.

“And my full name is Candace Rue Flatts, I disguised as Rue Estefano to catch a bait like you, where I could get revenge for Peter, making you and Cameron like each other and be in love. Revenge is so sweet.” She smiled but my facial expression didn’t change.

“And you guys being yourselves been so foolish and went along with my plan. But when I wrote that letter about you making a change, you know, stopping this game… I was dead serious then, I am getting tired of all this game anyways, but I still shot you. You know I have to give justice to Peter’s death so I’m not going to say sorry for that.” She stared at me looking for any change of expression but this is so much to take in I don’t even know how to react…

“b-but” I choked, I cleared my throat before trying to say anything again, “but what about James?”

“Aah! James…” she sighed, “I don’t know his side of the story, the thing is I just told him to provoke Cameron to chasing after Savannah when you’re in disguise. It’s all to pressure Cameron, but other than that…” and she rose form her seat.

“Do you want me to call James to let you hear his side of the story?” she offered but I shook my head.

“I think I had enough story for this day.” I tried to smile but failed.

“That’s what I thought.” She smiled at me and walked out the door.

One word.

Wow…

 -----------------------------------------------

so that's all for this chapter...

Thank you!!

please keep

READING!

VOTING!

LIKING!

and FANNING!

it all means a lot to me...

:)