The Reason WHY?; 6

and this is the real chapter 6...

Chapter 6

I woke up with the sunlight shining on my face. I’m not on my bed; I’m not in my room…

Oh right. I keep telling myself for days that I am living my nightmare, the student council officers are out to hunt me down. And I’m in Rue’s bedroom where I have to disguise myself.

I stood up and look into Rue’s wardrobe, and all the things I shopped for her is all there, so I think the stuffs that I shopped for is for me? Sadly, it is all dull colors. I should’ve bought atleast one pink blouse or t-shirt! And the shoes were all converse, and what are the odds? Her shoe size is 5 and a half too… this is all her style, she is pretty much of a loner.

So I guess I should pretend like a loner too…

Wait! What about my credentials? If I go there with my, Savannah Carney, files they should know it as soon as I step on that school’s parking lot.

“Didn’t think about that huh? Rue?” I walk around, then I spotted an envelope in the bedside table, “How can I miss that?” I asked myself and went to pick the envelope up, I opened and look and the papers.

“Quinn Estefano, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Felix Estefano, who died 5 years ago, have younger sister of Rue Estefano (who died a few days ago), born on 4th of December, 1993. Went to Warsaw University for her past high school year…” So I am Quinn Estefano and I migrated from Poland,

“Pretty impressive Rue.” I smiled and went on getting dressed up.

I looked at the mirror and saw a different person, this girl with black, kind of frizzy hair (it’s the damage that dyeing gave me L ), all dressed up with black clothes and no make up at all.

This doesn’t look Savannah Carney to me, maybe the disguise will work. I just hope it does.

I put the cap I saw somewhere at Rue’s bedroom and went outside.

I flinched as the wind blew my hair. I went to the garage and see my baby… painted in black! But in the good side, Rue painted it good.

I started my car and went to the school…

A few minutes later…

“This is it QUINN Estefano. You can do it.” I drove to the parking lot and many teenagers looked at my direction. Did they know that I’m Savannah Carney that fast? I step out of my car shaking.

Someone whistled and said, “New girl in the house!!” and they laugh.

I’m so nervous; I just ran my way to the administration office. I’m gonna see Mrs. Golden again.

“Quinn, right?” she asked and I nodded, the next thing she did was to hug me.

“I’m so sorry about your sister’s death. Can I help you in any way?” She asked me whole-heartedly.

“I’m fine Mrs. Golden.”

“Now there’s no legal guardian for you, but your Aunt in Poland must be supporting you.” she said.

“Uhmm, yes Mrs. Golden.”

“Quinn, you don’t have to pay your tuition fees here, since Rue is already paid, I’ll just make her tuition fees yours so you won’t worry a thing, plus you can go shopping, buy clothes, you know lighter colors.” she said complimenting my attire. Oh great.

I handed the envelope to Mrs. Golden, “you can take Rue’s locker if you like. Mr. Flatts please come in.”

And there he is, didn’t seem to know me.

“Please accompany Miss Quinn Estefano around.”, “That would be a pleasure Mrs. Golden.” he courtesies.

What’s with the courtesy? He offered his hand but my body seemed unresponsive.

“Quinn is there a problem?” and that woke my body up. “Is my credentials okay?”

“Yes, Miss Estefano, you can go now.” his hand didn’t move a thing. I didn’t mean to be rude, but I didn’t take it. I walked out of the office with that guy following me.

“You can go now.” I said to him, which he seems to be shocked. “I can get someone to accompany me around.”