Prolouge

Leda cried from her crib in her small bedroom. I quickly got up from taking a nap and ran to her room. I don't know why but every time she yelled I had to quickly see what was wrong. I walked in the room since I left the door open and saw Leda laying in her crib with her eyes opened. On the side of her crib something was dripping. Pee. Of course. I picked her up and laid her on the changing table which right now was small play mat wrapped in blankets. She was soaking wet and it was my job to change and clean her up.

Heck, it was my job to raise her.

Leda squirmed and giggled, as usual. I don't know why but she just loves to be changed and hated to get bathed. She would laugh when I changed her diaper but screamed and kicked when it was time for her to get in the sink. Yes, I have to use the sink to bathe her because the bath water in the bathtub doesn't get hot enough for her to get in it. Of course I can handle it but Leda's 6 months and the last thing I need is social services taking away my pride, my joy, my baby for pneumonia. I quickly took off all of her clothes and took her in the kitchen.

While holding her I turned on the sink; 20 degrees cold, 45 degrees hot is how I remember the perfect temperature. It's not the actual degrees, but instead angles of how to turn the knobs. She kicked and screamed but by now I've learned how to calm her down. After her "bath" I put her on a fresh snow white diaper and a sleep jumper and laid her on my bed which was the roll away couch. Money's tight for us. There aren't many places that'll hire an 8th grade drop-out. I work around 55 hours a week to provide for Leda. I have 2 jobs. Monday-Friday from 7am-4pm I'm a waitress for The Finer Diner, and on Saturdays I'm babysitting for about 8 hours. As you've probably have guessed I am a single mother and I was 14 when I had Leda.

Author's Note: If you're confused, the stories written from Kimari's perspective.
-Luv, ErBourne