Chapter 17

Chapter 17

Faith

I sighed as I watched Jack leave my room. I really didn't want him to leave but I knew he had to. I hope he understands.

My stomach grumbled to let me know I had to eat so I stood up and made my way to the bathroom where I brushed my teeth and changed my clothes into a black tank top and black and white shorts.

I hurriedly made my way to the kitchen where I poured milk and cereal into a bowl.

Once I was done I checked my phone and I sadly did not have any texts.

I then realized that we still have a wedding to plan.

As soon as the thought crossed my mind, mom came in the kitchen and started making her coffee. "When are we gonna keep planning for the wedding?" I ask.

She yawns, obviously still not fully awake and says, "Probably today. We still have a dress to find."

I nod, knowing this information. "I'm gonna get dressed," I inform her and she nods tiredly. I then make my way upstairs to where I put on blue dark wash jeans and an oversized grey sweater. My hair is let down in its natural curls and my face is makeup less, as always. I didn't feel like putting my contacts in, so I grabbed my glasses from my drawer and put them on. I just realized I hadn't really mentioned to Jack G that I wear glasses. I wonder if he thinks I still look good...

Once I'm done I walk into Rose's room and was surprised when I saw she was already awake and just laying there. "Are you okay?" I ask slightly worried. She nods, "I just tired." I breathe a sigh of relief and nod with a smile, "Get dressed. We're going dress shopping with mommy."

Her face beams with excitement and she quickly gets up and runs to her closet. She's an adorable child.

I walk back downstairs to see my mom still in her robe drinking her coffee. "Mom, are you serious?" I scold her. "We need to this now because then if you don't find one-" I'm cut off. "Faith, Faith. Calm down. It'll be okay. Sometimes you act like the mother instead of the daughter. Chill out."

My mouth shuts and sets in a straight line. I'm slightly offended. All I'm trying to do is make her wedding day as perfect and stress free as possible. If she wants to slack off then she can stress herself out. I'm not going to be a part of it anymore.

"Fine, you can stress yourself out then. I'm not sitting here to watch what's supposed to be a good day turn out terrible."

With that I walk away and leave her to her thoughts. I was just trying to help.

"Faith, come back," I hear her from behind me, "I'm sorry. I'm just still really tired." I sigh and reluctantly turn around, "Get dressed. You have fifteen minutes."

I turn back around and make my way back upstairs. The relationship between me and my mother is very different from a lot of people. Most people wouldn't talk to their moms like that but I only get to do that because she knows she likes to slack. She also knows I can't have that. She doesn't see it as disrespectful but just as an act to get things done because she knows nothing would get done on her account.

It does seem like I'm the mother but it's only because she acts like she's my age. If this was my wedding I'd want to find my dress as quickly as possible so I would have less to stress over, like the cake. Oh gosh, the cake. And the invitations, the reservations, the food. All of it. We are incredibly behind and the wedding is in three months. My head slightly aches because I know all this responsibility will fall on me.

After waiting fifteen minutes I come back outside and smile. She's finally dressed and so is Rose. I can't help but feel a little controlling. It's probably because I am.