Chapter 30

Chapter 30

My feet touch the cold hardwood floor and instantly it makes me regret getting out of bed. But it's already 1 in the afternoon and it's better to get out of bed myself than have my mother come in and drag me out.

Suddenly I remember I have a date with Jack tonight and I smile. Even though it's another one of his surprises, it doesn't stop me from being excited.

My mind wanders off to think about him and I's conversation yesterday and my cheeks instantly flush. I wonder if it's going to be awkward the next time I see him. Or if he'll say anything similar to what he was saying through text, just in person. I don't think I'd be able to stand right if he did.

I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding in once I get to the bathroom and did all the regular stuff.

I got dressed and made my way downstairs to make myself something to eat. Once I was done eating and I was sitting on the couch I received a message from Jack, "Hello ms. Dirty mouth (;"

"My mouth didn't say those things. My fingers typed it"

"I'd love to hear your mouth say it though"

My stomach is in knots. It's too early for this.

"At what time are you picking me up?"

"Aw, did I make you uncomfortable babe?"

"No"

"Yeah I did"

"What time are you picking me up?"

"Admit it"

"Maybe a little"

"Knew it. You're so cute. I'm picking you up at 7"

He makes me feel things that I've never felt before. I know it sounds super cheesy but it's true. It's an indescribable feeling.

"Is there any chance you're gonna tell me where we're going?"

"Not one"

"Curse you"

"<3"

My feet then made their way back upstairs to spend more time on my laptop. A few hours later it was already time for me to start getting ready.

"What should I wear?"

"Nothing too fancy"

"Perfect"

I decided to wear light wash jeans, a black tank top with a red and black flannel, and black vans. My hair was let down in its natural curls and my contacts were in.

I decided to put on some mascara to look a little nicer and it ended up looking pretty decent. Then I put a little bit of lipstick which I then made look lighter by putting Chapstick over it and it made my lips feel smoother.

Soon there was a knock on the door, "I'm leaving now!" I yelled to whoever would hear it and opened the door.

"You look sexy," he says as his hand snakes around my waist and pulls me in closer to give me a gentle kiss. I smile as we pull away, "Thanks. You don't look too bad yourself."

He was wearing a black tank top with grey shorts, grey vans with white socks, and a black SnapBack. He looked sexy and not bad at all. But I don't think he could look bad even if he tried his absolute hardest.

We made our way into the car and he started to drive. He turned the radio on and Maps by Maroon 5 was on. I immediately started jamming.

"So I wonder where were you!" I sang, pointing at nobody.