Chapter 23

Chapter 23

Shawn and I walked out through the doors as soon as the bell rang and I saw Jack quickly. I gave Shawn the 'this way' sign and he followed. We made our way in, I in the front seat and Shawn in the back.

"Hey baby," Jack said extremely loudly and pulled me into a long hard kiss, "I missed you."

Something about him is off. It's not that I don't like this, it just seems... Wrong. As if he wasn't being genuine.

"I missed you too," I mumbled under my breath, not really sure if I meant it. I mean, we just saw each other a couple hours ago and now he's being weird.

"Where to?" He asked in a lovey dovey tone and I couldn't stand this side of him. What's causing this?

"Wherever," I replied dryly. "And this is Shawn by the way." I point to Shawn but Jack doesn't even look back. What is up with him today?

We continue driving in silence and this is killing me. Did I do or say something wrong? I don't understand.

We arrive at McDonalds in a short amount of time and I exit out the car. I intake the fresh and let out a sigh of relief. The awkwardness in that car was almost unbearable.

The walk inside McDonalds was still silent and I just wanted to say something so there would no longer be silence but I just couldn't think of what to say.

My feet become more interesting than anything else as we're standing in the line and Jack wraps an arm around my waist as Shawn stood by my side. It clicked. Jack is jealous.

I begin to laugh and both of them give me weird looks.

"What?" They ask in unison and Jack gives Shawn a glare. This makes me laugh even more and I shake my head. "Oh nothing, nothing. Can you hold our spot Shawn?" I ask nicely and he nods.

I grab Jack by his arm and lead him to a table. We sit down and I look at him, "Are you okay?"

"What? Yeah, I'm good," he says, pretending to be confused as to what I was talking about. I begin to laugh again and he just gives me a weird look.

"Youuuu," I say dragging out the U and pointing a finger at him, "Are jealous."

He scoffs and holds his arms over his chest, "Am not." His eyes slowly move back to mine and he lets his arms down, "Okay. Maybe a little."

"Ha! I knew it," I say smiling widely.

"Only because he's not ugly and c'mon you're flawless. It's impossible not to try anything on you and since he's not ugly you might go along with it," he admits and I just want to hug him. Though it bothers me that he thinks I would betray him like that.

"I would never cheat on you Jack," I say looking at him and meaning it fully. Then I start laughing because in other words he just called Shawn attractive. And rightfully so. But Jack is the only one I have eyes for.

"Why are you laughing now?" He asks rolling his eyes. "You basically called Shawn attractive," I say with a hand over my mouth as I'm laughing.

"Well, because he is," he huffs and my laughing only increases, "Jack, is there something you would like to tell me? I promise I'll love you anyway."

His eyes widen, "What? No. No. I'm not gay."

I continue laughing, "It's okay Jack. There is no need to be ashamed. I don't blame you. Guys are hot."

He flushes and my fits of laughter are uncontrollable now.

"I'm just messing with you," I say, wiping my eyes from the tears that slipped from how much I was laughing. "Just stop being jealous. You're the only one I have eyes for." With that being said I stand up and so does he. I engulf him in a hug and he hugs back.