Chapter 14

Chapter 14

Jack

He sat in bed just thinking. More specifically, thinking of her. How she's so different from any girl he'd ever met. How when she smiles she covers her mouth for some unknown reason. How her eyes light up when she talks about a topic she's passionate about. How flawless she looks even when she doesn't try at all. She doesn't have to dress up to look drop dead gorgeous. Her natural beauty is way more beautiful than some girls he's met with makeup on. But she's under appreciated. She doesn't see how amazing she is and there's nothing more he wants to do than show her how amazing she truly is. He doesn't think she'll ever admit to herself how wonderful she is because that's just not in her character but he hopes one day she knows that he sees her as perfect. Even through those little flaws like jumping to conclusions or being too cautious sometimes... She's still perfect to him. He knows nobody is perfect. But some people come a lot closer to perfection than others and Faith is one of those people.

It was 10am and it was their last day before they went back to California. It's been a really amazing trip but for some reason it just didn't seem like it was enough. Don't get him wrong, he appreciates being brought over here and all but something just feels like it's missing. Maybe it's the fact that he wants to kiss Faith so much and the opportunity had risen twice in the past two days and he didn't jump at the chance quick enough. She even asked him to kiss her. Oh God. Had she thought that he didn't want to kiss her? What if she did? She didn't... Right? He hoped not.

Ever since she came along he found himself worrying about every thing he said. He's never really worried about anything he said around any other girl. But that's because none of them were like her. He honestly didn't find himself happy with them. They were all the same. But with Faith it's...different. He actually cares what she thinks of him. He wants her to like him just as much as he likes her. They barely met but his mother always says that when you know, you know. And believe him, he knows Faith is the one. Maybe he's just foolish? He's not sure. But she makes him happier than any other person has made him before. He doesn't care if anyone thinks it's too sudden. They're his feelings and he can't control them.

His lips curved into a smile as he remembered when he kissed her on the forehead. He stuffed his face in his pillow trying to prevent him from smiling like an idiot. He felt like such a teenage girl for reacting like this. Why couldn't she just stop being so amazing? If she wasn't amazing he wouldn't have all these butterflies in his stomach. Since when does he get butterflies? It'd been a long while since he'd felt this way and he was honestly scared he would fall too hard for her.

Because what if she didn't reciprocate the feelings? He already knew she felt at least something. She basically told him her life story for crying out loud. You don't just say those things to anyone. Except someone you trust. She trusted him. He smiled at the thought. Faith. Oh Faith. 'What are you doing to me?' He wonders.

He had to feel her lips. They always look so tempting. Why did she have this effect on him? Why? He groaned against his pillow lowly hoping nobody would hear him. Complete fail.

"Is it Faith?" He hears Jeff's voice from the other bed ask. Jack stays quiet for a while but slowly replies, "How'd you know?"

"Oh man, you think I don't notice things? I mean I know I'm old but I'm not blind just yet. She's a wonderful girl. Good choice," he praises Jack and he smiles. He knows it was the perfect choice. Not that girls were an item to be selected but... You get what he means. Right?

"What if she doesn't feel the same?" He found himself asking. He heard Jeff chuckle, "Trust me. She does." This made him smile widely. "How do you know?"

"Don't you see the way she looks at you? C'mon. Are you blind?"

He'd always been an observant person so why couldn't he notice things when it came to Faith? What in the world was she actually doing to him?

"I... I guess I am..."

Jeff chuckled once more, "Wow, you've got it bad."

His cheeks couldn't help but redden at Jeff's statement. Maybe he did have it bad. Is that so wrong? He didn't think so.

"What do I do?" He basically pleaded for an answer.

"Have you asked her out yet?" Jeff asked.

"Well yeah...sort of."

"What do you mean?"

"I asked her to let me show her how amazing she is which, putting two and two together basically means 'be my girlfriend' but she's... Really innocent. She's not sure if she's ready for a relationship yet."

"Then wait for her. There's nothing a girl values more than giving her the time she needs to let her be yours."

He let Jeff's insightful words settle and now he was decided. She needed time.

He was determined to give her all the time in the world she so desired. Anything that could help him make her his. Anything. That's all he really wants.

Her.

-

Kind of a short chapter but I kinda just wanted to show you how Jack felt. What'd you think of this? It was kind of different from my usual style of writing. Let me know how I did. Also tell me if I should do this more often or just stick with Faith's point of view from now on. (: