Ch 13: The Escape Plan is Forged

Oh my god guys- i am sooo sorry!! I checked and i havent uploaded for BAA since April 9 and thats practically a month ago.  So my reason for not uploading :Soccer ( i have games or practices every day during the week and tournaments during the weekend) but my last soccer game is May 22 so all uploads after that day will be more frequent.  Even though i have a bigillion things to tell you ill let you get on with the story- Hope you like it:)

Raven and Jagger-16 years old in Up Above

"Hurry up Jag, we’re already late!”I yelled behind me while I sprinted down the school hallway, laughing the whole time.

“I’m coming,” came Jagger’s breathless response.

I did reach the door of our classroom and watched and waited for Jagger to catch up.  You see, he wasn’t really a long distance or any distance runner.  Don’t get me wrong, he’s all lean and glorious muscle in his dark wash jeans and blue tee shirt but he just never practiced running.  Of course that’s reasonable because we are all blessed with wings.  It’s just hard to fly down a school hallway-not much room for our wingspan.

Jagger finally reached me but he had a slight glint in his eyes. 

I had my back to the wall and one hand on the doorknob but gave him a questioning look.

He slowly came closer, close enough that he used his body to securely press me against the wall.  All the while, he still had that funny look in his eye.

“Jagger what are you..”I tried to begin.

But Jagger leaned his face inches away from mine and started a trail of kisses down my neck to my exposed collarbone.  His hands reached up to arch my head higher so he could have better access. My hand left the doorknob.

He stopped in between kisses to speak, “Do you.”Kiss. “Really.” Kiss.  “Want to go in there?” Kiss.

I tried to wiggle myself away from him but that only made him groan.

“Raven, don’t do that if you really want to go in that classroom,” he whispered in my ear.

By this time I was all flustered and unable to think right.  I mean we didn’t have to go in the classroom; we could just do this all day.

Suddenly, the bell for our lunch went off. It startled me enough to shove Jagger away from me, just before the doors to the classrooms opened and kids started piling out of them.  The high schoolers all went towards the doors leading outside, while I had only a chance to glance at Jagger before he was swept away.

The look that he gave me said it all.  His smile was gone, and his green eyes, my god his eyes were staring straight at me but with so much hurt and regret in them I was glad I could only see them for a few seconds. I knew why he had that look, he wanted our relationship to be open, for us to be together in public and the way I kept on pushing him away only make him doubt my full commitment.  But I can’t have our relationship known; it was like a twisted Romeo and Juliet story.  Jagger’s father was King in Hell and I was born and raised in Up Above.  Even though there was no law against us being a couple, the higher up angels would exile us.

“Hey Raven, where were you today,” asked a peppy voice behind me.

I inwardly groaned; all thoughts about Jagger vanished as I turned to face my “friend”.

“Hey Rox, I just slept in late,” I replied with an awkward smile plastered on my face.

Rox, or really Roxy who had gunks of eyeliner and mascara framing her eyes and too much orange lipstick on her lips gave me an odd look.  “But it’s 12:15.”