Ch 6: Explode

CHECK OUT MAKE_ME_FORGET AWESOME STORY- THE ESCORT!!!Slideshow with characters will be posted soon!!! Btw, tell me what you think on this one, and if you like Luciano at all.  Plus remember to comment/vote- that's it, read and enjoy:)

I don’t know what you plan on achieving by doing this.”I snuck a quick glance at Luciano to gauge his reaction.  He was ordered by the old man to escort me home but he hadn’t left right away when we arrived here.  Luciano insisted of seeing my apartment.

He seemed...not surprised to say the least. I slipped the key into the lock for my apartment and heard the automatic click and gestured him forward.

Luciano stepped inside, admiring the rather drab furniture and color choice, while he contemplated his response.  “I want to make sure you’ll be alright and make sure you take the necessary precautions.”  Luciano turned around to stare at me with his deep blue eyes.  In that instance I forgot how to breathe when seeing such depth and emotion in his face.  My whole body grew warm with the feeling of his eyes on me.  Trying to shake the feeling off, I had to remember that  with me always hating emotion he  was suppose to scare me with his tremendous display of it.  Instead I had actually..liked it.

“Well, aren’t you going to come inside your own apartment”? Luciano asked quizzically.  (hmm I can totally hear him say this in a British accentJ

Just noticing my rather awkward position just outside the doorway, I hurriedly shuffled my feet inside.  Right away I jerked my head up and felt a sizzling, and charged feeling to the room which wasn’t here when I left.  The feeling seemed to encase me, leaving nothing that wasn’t hyperaware.  Making me take shallow breathes, having my heartbeat speed up erratically.  Glancing around, I tried to locate the source.

“Something’s not right.”I explained to Luciano.

I sprinted down the hallway and to my bedroom.  I swung the door open and crossed over to my dresser, whose one drawer was tilted slightly.  Frantically, I grabbed a backpack from within my closet and started stuffing random clothes in it.

“What’s wrong?”Luciano had somehow come up right behind me without me knowing.

“Can’t you feel that?!  That charged sort of electric feeling?”I gestured with my hands around the room.

“It’s probably nothing, don’t worry about.”

To hell I won’t.  If there’s something wrong I’ll be damned if I have to sit around and watch it explode in my face!

“Look Luciano,”I jabbed my finger into his hard chest, “I ‘m listening to my gut feeling and its saying that something isn’t right. Go ahead and try to stop me, but you won’t succeed.  I’m going to leave my place and if you want to stay, be my guest.”

My eyes met his and it seemed like a contest to see how long we would last; his calamity against my frantic aggression.  His eyes narrowed slightly and just when he opened his mouth, a deep rumbling sound occurred, tilting the building so that we both tumbled onto the ground.  The twin windows in my room were blown out, sending shards outside.  Another sound echoed the first but getting close, and the walls continued to emit dust.  Coating us like the first snow of winter. 

“Is-was that a bomb?”Luciano asked, coughing.

Another explosion set in, making the walls of the building cause a high pitch creaking noise and sending Luciano into another coughing fit. 

“We need to get out, now.”I unsteadily got up and zipped up my backpack and swung it on my shoulders.

 Walking cautiously, so I wouldn’t fall, I reached Luciano and extended my hand to Luciano, trying to help him up.  He looked at my hand for about two seconds before he grabbed it, hauling himself up as well.

“There are other people inside here- what are we going to do?”He asked.

I stepped forward until my feet were just on the sill of the windows.  Looking down, I saw fire trucks storming the scene, along with ambulances speeding down the streets to the apartment.  All the while, the whole building was slowly encasing itself with flames.  Starting from the top and working its way up to where we were.  In a few minutes the whole building will be burning up and we would be trapped.

“Luciano we have to decide now.  Do you want to risk our lives and go down the next levels to find survivors?  Even if we do, there would be no way for us to get them out of here without them seeing our wings.  Or do you want to hurry up and jump now, before the police and ambulance come and see us jumping out of a window?”  I let him decipher the best way to handle this while I scored the room for anything that I couldn’t depart without.

Ok, bag with clothes- check

Knife thing given from old man- I touched my hair to make sure the “clip”(ahmmm it’s the knife shrunk down:)

Shoes- of course not

Nothing seemed to be missing.  I tugged my leather jacket tighter around myself as I glanced into the hallway and saw the flames licking the ceiling and walls.  Growing slightly more anxious to get the hell out of here, I looked at Luciano.

“We will have to go.”He said determination clear in his voice.  He met my eyes, for the third time tonight and stepped closer to the ledge.

“Just wait, we have to get a running start first, I explained.

Holding hands, we both stepped back a couple of feet.  Like an invisible symbol we both took a running start at the same time, just as I heard ticking in the background.  We jumped right when there was a huge Boom and whoosh as we where spiraled at least ten more feet into the air.  Debris went flying everywhere, hitting us in our backs as I unconsciously tried to grasp onto anything else besides air.  Forgetting for a second I had wings.  I extended mine painfully, because we were already in free fall, and caught air almost instantly.

 I moved my wings back and forth in place, a little bit shocked with what all had happened.  Someone had rigged the apartment building I was living in to explode.  They probably didn’t care who else was living in that building besides me, and were hopeing to kill me quickly.  I had my money that it was the Arch that was responsible.

A shrill whistle interrupted my thoughts as I looked up to see Luciano flying a good ten feet above me, with his glorious wings flapping quickly.  He gestured for me to follow him and already started to go east, and hopefully far away from the building.

Sparing one more glance at all that was left of the tall and massive apartment, I turned away and followed Luciano off into the night.  My heartbeat was finally slowing down.