Ch2: Background Check

I snapped myself back into the present with a shake of my head.  Ugh, I so did not want to relive that day when the Arch tried to kill me.  Yes, those big, smelly men are called the Arch; a not-so secret team of assassins for Heaven.  They got rid of all the angels who happened to mess up in Heaven and sent them down to Hell, which is where I would have ended up. But the Arch got the next best thing besides me being dead in Hell.  I was practically banished now, literally fallen from Up Above. Since its impossible to ever go back up there, I was stuck here in the human world.

Unconsciously, I twisted around in the mirror to see if my tattoo was still there.  It was, thankfully, and it read in artfully crafted Italian : Siamo stati creati, e non dovrebbe essere distrutto. Per servire e proteggere fino a che si respira il nostro ultimo respiro. Questo è il credo dell'Angelo.( In English: We are created, and never meant to be destroyed.  To serve and to protect till we breathe our last breath.  This is the Creed of the Angels.)

You see Angels aren’t born, we are created when a disaster happens  every hundred years or so and we are marked with the tattoo of  the Creed of the Angels, in Italian since Italian is our native language.  I was created 66 years ago at the end of World War 2.  World War 2 technically wasn’t a disaster but a lot of soldiers and a ton of civilians died so I’m called the Angel of Loss.  I’m the Protector of loss of humans, loss of homes, you get the picture.  But since I’m not suppose to be down here on Earth anyway, I can’t help anyone.

Yawning, I walked out of the bathroom and down the hallway, dripping water on the tile floors as I padded into my bedroom.  I opened my door to my room and went to go find some clothes to wear for my midnight fly.  My room was just...nice.  There was a white bed, white comforter, and dresser and desk that were both white.  Yah, I know, someone went a little crazy with white.  Too contrast all the white, I had splattered painted the walls neon yellow.

Smiling to myself I hurried over to my dresser and got a black leather jacket, skinny jeans, a white tank top.  I didn’t get any shoes because they were just... I don’t know, in the way all the time and I put all my clothes on. 

   Facing straight ahead was the only good thing in this room; a huge window that was a good 4 feet tall and 3 feet wide and you could easily open from the inside and outside.  It was the perfect way to jump out of here and still catch some air and not totally plummet to the concrete. 

I swung the window opened and stood there on the sill, probably grinning like a maniac.  Hell, this was the one good thing about being an angel, having wings.  Without a second thought, I jumped.

( i know its short and a little boring, but you learned a little more about Raven's background.  Trust me, it gets way more interesting in the next chapter or so.  Remember, comment/ vote. _@]