Ch:12 Held Captive

Chapter 12

I hesitantly held up my hands.  Luciano, who was by my side, did nothing.

“Luciano, put up your hands,” I urgently whispered.

Luciano who held a glassy expression just stared at our captor.

“Ora!”The Italian Arch member shouted.

“Why don’t you kill us now?  I mean you’ve been shooting at us when we were outside and trying to kill us.  Why stop now?”Luciano stated.

I swear to God, Luciano had lost all common sense. Instead of doing what I said and what our captor said, he had done the opposite.  He just stood there, perfectly calm with his arms resting on his sides.

“Volete morire?!”(Do you want to die?!)  Our captor moved the gun so it was now pointed at Luciano instead of me.

“Naturalmente, non,”Luciano replied in Italian and started walking around our captor, like a cat following the mouse.

“ Elijah, Vieni qui!” (Elijah, come over here!) The captor spoke to his buddy who had his gun trained on the rest of the customers and workers who were against the wall.

‘Elijah’strode over to where Luciano was stalking the guy who had his gun pointed at Luciano.  The way that Elijah so casually strode over to his friend was seeminly familiar, like i had seen him before.

Elijah held his gun loosely at his side when he reached his friend, “Cos'è?”. (What is it?)

“Egli vuole morire!”(He wants to die!) His buddy siad and pointed at Luciano who was still moving.

Instead of looking at Luciano, Elijah fixed his eyes on me.  He walked over to me until he was less than a foot away.  He was still staring at me when he finally spoke in English. “Raven?”

“What?”I siad, my hand itching to get my knife out of my boot.

“You do not recognize me?”He asked earnestly.

I laughed loudly, the sound echoed off of the cream-colored wall of the coffeeshop.  “I dont really know many people who wear all black with a less flattering ski mask, and usually we arent all buddy buddy.  And,”I walked closer to him and poked him in the chest with my index finger, “I dont care to know some trained assassin who was sent to kill me,”I finished.

Elijah gently removed my finger and held it in his hand while he dropped his gun and used the other hand to remove his ski mask.

My eyes momentarily eyed the fallen gun but switched its attention to his now exposed face.

I tried to stifle my gasp but failed, and quickly removed my hand from his.  “Eli Benedict?” I whispered.

Elijah/Eli smirked.

He looked almost the same as he did so long ago in Up Above.  Except for the fact he had a slight stubble and shaved most of his black hair.  But with his classic smirk and mischievous brown eyes it was hard to not recognize him.  He was Jagger’s partner in crime and best friend.  But most importantly, he was Jagger’s brother.

“But you-Jagger will kill you if he knew that you were planning on hurting me,” I tried to state calmly.

The one thing I knew about Eli, besides the obvious was that he was more twisted and cruel than his brother even if he did put on the nice-boy facade.

“You know, I don’t think he’ll mind much.  I mean, do you see him coming to rescue you now?”Eli looked around the room.

“Oh, but you have him,” Eli pointed to Luciano, who had now stopped moving and was glaring at Eli.

“Nice to see you too Elijah,” Luciano replied gruffly.

“You- I haven’t even started yet.  Do you think you can steal my brother’s ex-girlfriend,” Eli laughed.

Ex-girlfriend, ouch.  Even though I knew it was partially true, it still hurt to hear it be said out loud.

“Or no, you think you can protect her?”Eli turned his back on me, and picked up his gun to give Luciano his full taunting attention.

Luciano didn’t say anything, like I knew he would.  He wouldn’t drop to Eli’s level.

With Eli’s back turned and his partner’s gun pointed at Luciano, I was left forgotten in the corner.  Lucky for me I guess.  I slowly withdrew the knife from my boot and made it elongate to the size of a regular kitchen knife.

“You can’t protect her.  Hell, no one can except my brother and..”

But before he could finish that sentence something buzzed in his pocket.   Eli picked it out of his pocket, it was his cell phone.  He looked at it and spun around to face me, his once warm chocolate colored eyes turned black with anger.

With a push of a button, the knife went back to being the size of a paper clip and Eli was left oblivious that I had a weapon.

“You bitch!”He shouted

“You guys will have to come up with some better insults, I already supplied that one today,” I said crisply, thinking back to my day at school.

“Read this!”Elijah shoved his phone at my face.

I looked at his phone calmly, “Nice, you got the iPhone 4s.  Does Siri work in Up Above too?”

“Just read the text!”

I took his phone and held it in my left hand while the “paper clip” was still in my right.

“Jagger Dominic has made a stop in Up Above at the Arch’s central office and has...”I read out loud but slowed down.   I gulped and finished, “Has just killed one of the Arch’s members watching over the office, and ruined the building.  He was last seen flying to an unknown location.  All Arch members are to report back to Up Above in 2 hours to capture Mr. Dominic and see to his punishment.”

I quickly handed the phone back to Elijah. 

How, but more importantly why did Jagger kill one of the Arch members?  He wouldn’t go with our old plan would he?  Would he even remember?

“Do you see what your ex did?!”Eli replied.

“Yeah, but not really.  I didn’t ‘see’ anything.  Remember, I’ve been here the whole time?”I answered sarcastically, still shocked with what this could mean.

If what I thought was the reason for Jagger’s sudden attack of an Arch member, this could mean that he maybe...... might still feel something towards me.  I knew it was a stretch, might there was still a flicker of hope.

“Do you even realize what this means?”Eli gripped my shoulders and shook me.

Agitated, I shoved his hands off me.  “What does this mean then?”

“It means that we have less time to hide you and get you away from this place,” Eli said.

I felt my quick shimmer of hope growing.  “Does this mean, you weren’t sent to kill us?”I asked, now excited.  I mean Jagger could have set this up just to keep me safe.

“Yes and no.  You see, I’m in a tight money problem.  Somebody wants a ton of money from me and fast and capturing you was just the way to get money quickly.”Eli said smiling.

“Wait, what do you mean by that?”My glimmer of hope was now gone and replaced with cold fear.

“Someone wants you alive more than Jagger or more than the Arch wants you dead and is willing to pay.  I was sent here to bring you to them,” Eli creepily replied.

Hey!  Ik i havent been on in forever but its sprink break so I'm back to typeing agian.  Some important things that have happened since i last uploaded are: 1.I love One Direction and especially Harry Styles, dang he is hot.  Plus he has an awesome voice:) 2.  I made our JV soccer team and I have practice every day except if we have games. 3. And finally, well i dont know, it just seemed awkward if i just had 2 things listed.  Please...comment/vote- thanx

_Kenna