Chapter 30

"Here it is," Fabio huffed as he pushed us all out of the elevator. He swiftly pulled the key out from the keyhole and placed the piece of metal over it, making sure everything was secured.

"This is it?" Kristen asked as she started walking.

The sleeping quarters looked completely different than the other floors we've been on. Instead of the bright lights and the gleaming white floors, this was a dimly light level with a maroon patterned carpet. There were different colored draperies hanging from the walls, and paper lanterns hanging down from the ceiling. I noticed there wasn't any windows either, just a long hallway of doors. To our right was a small square corner room with bean bags and quilts on the floor.

"Yes, it's nice isn't it," Fabio replied, keeping his head high as he led us down the hall. When he abruptly stopped and spun around, Lily held back a stifle when Kyle nearly bumped into his stomach, immediately dodging to the side as his eyes grew wide.

"ALRIGHT LISTEN UP," he boomed. "The first seven doors are unlocked for your convenience, the rest are locked. There are two bathrooms at the end of the hallway, although there are indeed personal bathrooms in your rooms. Your personal belongings have already been neatly placed in your drawers, so if there's anything missing don't come running to us, that was all we came up with. You all are waking up early tomorrow, victors are touring the Capitol. That is all." He turned and swiftly walked away before any of us could question him.

"I could get used to this," Mike shrugged, looking around.

"Are you kidding me? This is complete bullshit!" Sammie threw her arms in the air and smacked her fist back, puncturing a hole in the wall. She stormed away to her room fuming, slamming the door behind her.

"Unbelieveable," Kristen scoffed behind her back.

"Well, bye," I waved at Brooklyn before walking to my door.

My name was etched onto a name plate which was plastered to the wall. My room was right between the twins'. I turned the knob on the handle and opened the door with a gasp. The room was bigger than the one at the Training Center, and beautifully furnished just like the draped hallways outside. Draperies lined the walls and the top of the bed, giving the room a homely feel. There was a dresser and a bathroom like at the Training Center.

I walked around on the soft carpet, taking everything in. I stopped by the dresser and opened it up, surprised to find all my old clothes in it. The last drawer was filled with bland work suits. I angrily slammed it shut, remembering that the only reason I was here is because we have to rebuild the arena. This is so stupid. Victors are supposed to go home to their districts and live in peace. This is utter bullshit. Just as I was about to walk away, a glistening object on the top of the dresser caught my eye.

"Woah," I smiled when I picked it up. It was my old pin, the one my mother had given me before the games. I totally forgot about it, this was quite a surprise. I heard a slight knocking on the door, which made me jump and quickly open the top drawer and sliding the pin in before I spun around.

"Hello Cara," Oceane smiled, standing by the door.

"Hi."

"Get to bed," she sighed, throwing me a pile of clothes.