Chapter 14

I woke up earlier than usual, the sun still hadn't come out yet. There was a note on my night stand addressed from Figs.

More combat today, darling. Good luck and remember, cameras are going to be everywhere broadcasting nationwide so do extra well today to get sponsors. You're going to the arena tomorrow, best of luck Cara.

-Figs

I folded the note in half and placed it back on the night stand. Sponsors are basically people who offer to buy food or supplies to tributes in the arena, they're usually quite expensive, meaning usually only the really skilled people get sponsored. Flinging the blanket off and dragging myself to the bathroom, I took a quick shower and got dressed, tying my hair up into a ponytail. If I was going to do my best, I'll need my hair out of my face. Since I didn't have anything to eat yesterday I grabbed a granola bar lying on top of the dresser and sat on the side of the bed while I waited for the sun to come up. As I took the first bite, a thundering knock on the door startled me, making me almost drop it to the floor.

"Ugh." I got up and opened the door, tossing the granola bar back on the dresser.

"Get out of the way!" Jason shoved past me, scanning my room.

"What the fuck do you want, get out of my room!" I ran over to him.

"Jimmy's not in his room and I can't find him and I know you two have something going on. SO WHERE IS HE I KNOW HE'S IN HERE!" He stormed into my bathroom, ran out and checked in the closet, under the bed.

"Don't worry it's not like he's prostituting or anything." The images in my head right now made me throw up in the back of my throat.

"I KNOW YOU TWO HAVE SOMETHING GOING ON IN HERE!" He bellowed, throwing the blanket off the bed.

"What the hell we have nothing going on you psychopath." I ran over and lifted the blanket off of the floor.

"Oh wait...I have an idea," I smirked. "Come come, follow me."

He walked out the door behind me, slamming it shut while I skipped down the hall to the elevator. I have no idea why they bothered to make floors this big when only two people are going to be occupying it at a time.

"Where are we going?" He asked, stepping in.

"Level 1."

"I already checked his room and the whole floor, he's not there."

"Or is he?" The doors flew open.I walked past Jimmy's room, D1, the room that still haunts me.I went up to D3 and checked the door knob. Locked.

"What are you doing," Jason snarled.

I put my ear up to the door, muffled screaming.

"Well then...have fun Jason." I stepped behind him, gesturing to the doorknob. He put his ear up too, eyes widening. He started pounding on the door, both fists. After about a minute the door finally opened, a half naked Miley walked out and headed down the hall.

"Well bye!" I yelled at him. I shoved him into the room, a half naked Jimmy standing by the bed. I shut the door and headed for the elevator.

"Jimmy is such a slut," I sighed.

The cafeteria was fairly empty, the sun was still rising. The only people here were both Esquil and Tia from 9, Kyle and Lily from 6, Ellie and Zac from 4, and Jo from 10.

"Guess Brooklyn's not here yet..." I muttered under my breath as I got my breakfast, eggs and bacon with some tea. As I was walking back to my table, a pair of hands poked my cheeks from behind.