Chapter 10

When I got back to my table this morning with two cups of tea, Jason was sitting in my seat with a huge smile plastered over his face.

"Get out of my chair," I grunted, knocking him onto the floor.

"Ugh," he huffed, but then the same sly smile reappeared.

"What..." I asked oblivious as to what was going on.

"Because of you, Jimmy loves me now. Like I've been waiting for this moment forever. And because of you my dream came true," I looked behind me, nope no one there. He really was talking to me.

"And what exactly did I do?" I asked, while pouring sugar into my tea.

"The second you left yesterday, Jimmy was walking by, but he tripped because you forgot to push your chair in." His eyes were twinkling once more.

"And..."

"And then I helped him up and the second we locked eyes, sparks flew!" He stood up, throwing his arms out, invisible glitter streaming out of his eyes. I spit my tea out and cupped my hand over my mouth before my laughter took over. Lily turned her head to me, and I mouthed, "He's crazy." She got the memo and tapped on her sister's shoulder who was sitting a seat away, she turned her chair and started watching the fiasco.

"Well anyways, he sat down with me in your empty seat--"

"Jason. There's 5 chairs here, he could've been able to sit with us anyday," I pointed out.

"Yeah but the thing is, he's scared of you so," he drifted off, trying to pretend he just didn't that. I looked up at the twins and as if they had heard, they were practically in tears. Mike and Kyle had their heads turned too, Jack too distracted by his mound of waffles to realize what was going on.

"Well anyways," he continued. "Jimmy and I sat together and we talked and oh gosh I'm so embarrassed," he flushed pink.

"What." I said, totally not paying attention anymore.

He said in a soft voice, "We...touched...hands..." By now the twins were laughing so hard I was surprised they were able to breathe. Their partners sat there with confused faces.

"Wow, such a rebel," I laughed, slurping up the last of my tea and throwing the cup away.

"Don't deny our love!" He called after me, as I gathered the pack and walked out the door together.

"THAT WAS THE FUNNIEST THING I'VE EVER SEEN IN MY LIFE!" Lily shrilled, still trying to gasp for air. Mike raised his arms up, mimicking Jason's, and we absolutely died.

"Wait what's going on..." Jack asked puzzled.

"Oh nothing, inside jokes," I snickered.

"Tell me!"

"You had to be there," Kristen teased.

"I want to know!" Jack whined. Mike sighed but told him everything that happened.

"Damn it..." he said to himself.

"What," I asked.

"Jason's taken now..."

"Oh my gawd. Stop. Just stop." Mike winced. When we opened the doors to the training room, it looked totally different. The stations were all gone, the only thing left being a long table to the side of the weapons. Opposite of the table was another table, the judges table.

"Oh I forgot, it's Judge's Day," I said, looking around the room. A man from the back of the room stood up.

"Hey get out! It's not time yet," he stated, shooing us out.