100 <3

"Marco... I dare you... to break in to the old farm!" Celeste said. "Y'know, the one that's a couple miles away?" He hesitated before nodding.

"Alright, it's only 11 p.m." He told everyone to get into his car before they sped off down the highway. He stopped while driving, taking an unnoticeable dirt road between two fields of tall grass. Nettie gazed out the window as the rest of them chatted, trying to see constellations within the mess of the stars.

Marco stopped the car. "Alright, get out, we're here." He said. As they stood up, they saw a huge, dark red barn in front of them. It looked run down, but if someone cared to use it, it could still function. The tall grass that was suffocating their car earlier dispersed into smaller blades, one that they could actually walk in. Most of the group ran in the barn with flash lights to explore, that is, except for Bailey and Nettie, who sat in the field in front of the barn and looked at the stars.

After moments of silence, Bailey spoke. "Do you... do you think Aries is up there? Looking down at us? Wishing they were here...?" Nettie was silent for a moment. She was agnostic and didn't believe in Heaven, but something caused her to think that Bailey wasn't necessarily talking about that.

"You're wondering if they miss you?" Nettie spoke slowly and cautiously. "Because you miss them?" Bailey sighed, lying on her back in the grass.

"I guess so. I know it's been years... but when someone you were that close to... dies... it's hard to forget. Tea hasn't gone a day without thinking of... never mind. I shouldn't have brought him up, I'm sorry." Her voice was no louder than a whisper.

"It's okay to grieve." Nettie lied next to Bailey, looking straight up to view the sky. "But someday... you have to let go. And move on..."

Bailey's face became red with anger and grief. "But I don't want to! They were my everything, I can't do anything with out them here! I couldn't imagine being with anyone else but them!"

"If you have that mindset... it won't happen. You'll never be happy with someone else. You'll never get that chance..." Nettie closed her mouth for a second, searching the sky for something. "Look at that up there. That's Orion. He was a hunter. One so memorable and one so amazing that he's in the sky. But he's not the only constellation. Because if you always looked up at Orion, you wouldn't see all the other extraordinary constellations. And there are a lot you can't see now, but if you wait, you'll see more and more and more. And you'll remember Orion, and keep him in your heart, but you'll move on to all the other beautiful stars and constellations in the sky."

Bailey smiled. "You're really good at giving people advice." She said. "Why don't you ever need advice?"

Nettie sighed. "Everything I needed I figured out for myself. My parents were almost always working, and telling me to work hard, too. I had no friends in school, I was always considered the nerd, the weirdo. I was overweight, too. Still am, but I've come to terms with it. I know I need to be more healthy, and I plan to do it. Anyways, we're getting off track. I could never ask my parents or friends for help, because they practically were never there. I've always been independent because of that, I guess. And that's good, because it gives me more time to help others." She smiled warmly at Bailey, who smiled back.

"So you have no problems?" Bailey wondered aloud.

Nettie looked back at the sky and sighed again. "Well... no, I—"

"Guys," Teagan ran in, holding a little brown cat. "we found a cat in the barn.

"Tea, put it down. It probably has rabies." Nettie stood up and ushered her back to the barn.

"That's what I told her, plus it looks pregnant." Marco huffed and leaned against Jasper, who barely faltered from his position.

"She's not pregnant." Teagan hugged the cat tighter. "She's just chubby. And I love her and I'm keeping her."

"Tea, no." Nettie laughed and tried to tear away her girlfriend from the poor cat.

"Let it go, sweetie." Celeste urged.

"Never. I'd rather die." Teagan persisted as the group got closer.

"Then you die!" Destiny jumped on Teagan's back, surprising her as the cat leaped from Teagan's grasp and ran back to the barn. She jumped off.

"You guys need to chill out." Bailey said from the ground. "Look at the stars."

"I don't wanna lay in the dirt." Celeste crossed her arms.

Destiny looked around. "Why don't we go up there?" She pointed at the roof of the barn. "There's a ladder that leads up there." Everyone reluctantly agreed. After climbing the ladder and sitting on the roof, they all took in a breath.

The sky was painted with stars. A new one seemed to appear every second. They collectively wondered. About the past, the future, and all the infinite galaxies that must be wondering the same thing.

Nettie reached over and held Teagan's hand, moving closer to her side. "I love you." She whispered, much to Teagan's surprise.

"I-I love you too." Teagan smiled, kissing Nettie softly.

It seemed like everyone else had the same idea. Destiny and Celeste were cuddling, and Jasper suddenly piped up. "Alright, me and Marco are gonna go make out." They made their way down the ladder as everyone else giggled.

Bailey looked up at the sky at Orion for a moment, before looking elsewhere. There was the North Star, and Ursa Major, and Ursa Minor. She looked around to see her happy friends with their partners. "What a wonderful night." She said to herself with a smile.

•••
a/n;
1. this is the 100th chapter, a nice celebration to something else very important! ;)

2. this is the beginning of Nettie's arc, which honestly should've been the first half of the book, but WHATEVER, okay! i also hoped to develop Bailey a bit in this chapter :)

3. Thank. You. So. Much. For. 1. Million. Reads. I honestly don't deserve all the love and support I've gotten from all of you! When I began this book, I expected it to be yet another project I would abandon. I had been inspired by one of my friends' amazing works, and honestly, I have her to thank for all of this. (Her account is yeticalsyd, go check her out!!) I grew so much as a writer and a person from this entire experience, and I've come so far from the mediocre dreamer that I once began as. My entire journey proves that anyone can achieve anything if they work hard enough! But I couldn't have done it alone. I have every single one of you to thank for my achievements. Your decision to read this book every day has impacted it in such a positive way. All of you care about me, the characters, and each other so much, and it warms my heart that Wattpad is such a kind and loving community. So, thank you. For all you give me and all you do for me. I love you all so much! <3

4. As a celebration for this humongous milestone, I'll be posting a singing video/face reveal for you all as a thank you gift! (It will be on my rant/spam book, "pssh", and I'll be sure to notify you all when I do so!) Keep an eye out!

QOTC: What makes you happy?
AOTC: Support from all my readers and friends! <3