27

Nettie and Tea walked in silence.

"We can just leave now..." Tea muttered. "It's..." Her voice trailed off.

"No! I was—I was having fun." Nettie balled her hands into fists as she looked around, trying to find something to make Tea stay with her. "The Haunted House."

"No, it's not scary enough to actually be any fun. And the line's too long anyways." Tea sighed and sat down on a bench, crossing her legs and slouching over in boredom.

"Splash Mountain?" Nettie grinned half-heartedly.

"These are my only clothes." Tea deadpanned in return.

"Uh... The Pirates of the Caribbean?" The atmosphere tensed as their conversation sped.

"I'm just not into it."

"Well you damn well better start being into it soon, or I would've come here for nothing!" Nettie screamed, and for a second, everyone hushed before returning quietly back to their own conversations. Tea flinched from her spot, pressed up against the bench in fear. They didn't move nor speak for a few seconds before Tea reached out and touched Nettie's arm, but was slapped away by Nettie's hand, as she ran off.

As soon as Nettie began to run away, she realized she had no idea where she was going. She tried to locate the Disney Hotel in the distance but all she saw were rides. She did see a train. That could go pretty far. So she ran and jumped on the train as it steamed away.

Tea was left in awe. But it was okay, she couldn't have gone that far. Suddenly, in the very off distance, she could see a short, stout girl boarding a bright red train. "No." Tea whispered and made a run for it.

By the time she got there, the train had left. "Nettie! Wait! I'm sorry!" She put her hands down and whispered.

"I love you."

•••

a/n: bittersweet cheese
         that was hard to write, i'll probably edit it later.
         thank you for 2k reads! it means a lot! i'm enjoying writing this story and i love reading your thoughts on it as well! ily guys!