Chapter 18 - I Don't Like Old Guys

Chapter 18 – I Don't Like Old Guys

[Chad's POV]

Julian was back in town and even though I was supposed to be happy about it, I was feeling quite the opposite. Rozabelle was a beautiful lady and for all I knew, not even models could compare to her.

Julian was one of a threatening force to be reckoned with.

"What's got you spacing over nothing, Chad?" Ash's voice woke me up from unconsciously staring straight ahead.

"The main problem," I sighed.

"Oh..." he nodded, understanding what I was talking about. "The Rose problem,"

"You didn't need to give it a title,"

"Well, it sounded good," he shrugged. "To be honest, I'm not taking any sides on this, Chad. Both you and Julian are my friends,"

"He's my friend too so it's harder on me because I don't know how to tell him the truth that we're in love with the same person,"

Just like before, the only thing that kept me from telling the truth to Julian was because of the so-called 'bro-code'. Julian was one of my best buds and we spent quite some time together considered that he lived here before.

"Both of you are also willing to change for the chick," Ash pointed out.

"I just hope that Julian's not that serious about her," I then contradicted myself, "But I saw the look in his eyes...it's impossible that he's not in love with her,"

"I don't know what magic powers Rose has but I've got to tell you, it really is something,"

"You should go and name it, 'the Rose effect'," I joked to lighten up the mood a little bit.

"What's this about 'the Rose effect'?" a new voice chimed in and to make it worse, the voice came from none other than Julian himself.

"I didn't notice that you were already awake, Julian," Ash chuckled nervously. "So, you heard our conversation, huh?"

Julian went down the stairs and immediately took his seat beside Ash. "Is there something that I need to know?" he asked.

I knew that something like this was bound to happen. Maybe it was a good thing that this happened sooner rather than later.

Maybe now was the right time to tell him the truth.

"Yes," I looked at Julian dead-straight in the eyes.

"Well..." Julian yawned. "What is it?"

"Me and Rozabelle," I uttered each word slowly. "We're in a relationship," I carefully studied of what Julian's reaction might be but nothing changed. "You knew?" my eyes widened. If he knew, why the hell didn't he say anything to me?

"I do," Julian answered like it was nothing.

"And you're not angry?" Ash couldn't believe what he was hearing. Ash and I were expecting some kind of terrifying reaction from Julian but this was far from what we expected.

"Why would I?" Julian shrugged. "This may be a competition but who has the bigger chance to win?"

"As I told you," I tried to explain. "The both of us are in a relationship now and that means that you've already lost, right?"

"Not quite," Julian disagreed. "You prefer older women, Chad, and I'm quite knowledgeable about Rose's nature. Rose prefers younger lads and I can still compete since I'm the preferred type and you're just the latter,"

[Rose's POV]

"Are there no other people who want to challenge us here?" Alexa sighed.

The both of us were currently in our usual place playing pool. We got tired of having each other as opponents and got bored to hell because nobody wanted to challenge us.

"It's no surprise since you devour them," Robert chuckled. Robert's calming personality was really something. Despite having all the aggressive people in the workplace, I wondered how it didn't affect Robert at all. "Want some drinks? It's on the house,"

"Oh, please," I rolled my eyes. "We could pay the bill...but since you insist, nobody would turn down a drink for free,"

"It's still in the afternoon and you're letting the pleasure of alcohol take you?" I turned around to see the owner of the voice and saw that it was Julian.

"What are you doing here?" I raised a brow at him.

"Is this place a private hangout that I can't go to it whenever I want to?" he grinned at me. "It's good to see that you're still as beautiful as ever,"

"I heard that the two of you just saw each other recently and you're spouting flowery words like that? Do you think you're charming?" Alexa told him. It seemed like hating Julian was a natural thing for her to do since Alexa never really liked Julian for me. 

Julian just plainly ignored Alexa and focused on me, "Let's play pool and make a bet, Rose," his grin grew wider. "You wouldn't turn me down since you play the sport very well, right?"

[Fumise Love's POV]

I'm sorry that I wasn't able to update recently. My excuse right now is that I'm a graduating student so researches and such are making me busy :(