Chapter 7 - I Don't Like Old Guys

Chapter 7 – I Don't Like Old Guys

[Rose's POV]

"I told you several times already!" I yelled exasperatedly at my best friend. "We aren't going to meet again! A few days already passed!"

"But what if there's still a chance?"

"I'll date him then," I held my chin up high, signaling that I wasn't going to back down. "We both agreed to it after all,"

"This is getting better and better," she grinned at me.

After the party a few days ago, I tried to avoid the topic of Alexa's proposal. Chad and I agreed to it because it seemed mostly impossible for us to meet again. We were sure that Patrick was the last connection we had to Chad.

And now that Patrick knew not to get us, particularly me, involved with Chad, I knew that the chances of me meeting him was lower than ground level.

I didn't even realize that Patrick's friend was a sibling of Chad's model friend until after the party. I got to admit, it was such a coincidence to meet Chad frequently in different places.

"You look great," she complimented as I stood up and twirled in front of her. Today was the day of Gabriel and Aubrey's wedding. Of course, Julian would be the one to accompany me. I didn't have an idea of who Gabriel and Aubrey were after all. "But I still don't like the idea of a teenage boy being your date,"

"We were teenage girls a year ago," I rolled my eyes at her.

"That's a year ago," she argued. "We're young women now,"

"Whatever," I said. The doorbell rang just in time. "That's obviously Julian," I texted Julian the address of where he was going to fetch me.

"Oh well," Alexa shrugged. "I'll take care of your apartment. Possibly I might burn it to ashes. That's a great idea, right?"

"Sure, sure," I laughed at her. "Just know that I'll do the same to your apartment, alright?"

"Just go," she made a face at me. "Or you'll be late for that nonsense of a wedding,"

"Nonsense, it is," I agreed. "But spending time with Julian isn't nonsense."

***

"Umm...you look grea—perfect," Julian said after I opened the door for him. He was wearing a tuxedo that obviously looked gorgeous on him.

"You don't look bad yourself," I smiled at him. I wasn't so sure if it was the dress that made him stutter. It was just a simple lilac colored dress that went below my knees. It was strapless too. My hair was perfectly curled by myself, of course. Again, I wouldn't call my profession 'nothing' if it was based on skills.

And I forgot to mention that my dress was designed and made by Alexa. She was a fashion designer. Her skills were also great when it came to clothing and how to look good whilst wearing it.

"Ready to go?" I broke the silence between the two of us. He was just staring dumbfounded at me, not uttering a single word. Maybe he was caught off guard by my appearance.

Well, that was what I needed after all.

***

"I never thought that this day would come," Julian muttered whilst smiling. "Last time I checked, I was in love with my best mate's soon-to-be wife,"

"Why didn't you get to have Aubrey?" I asked.

"Because I was sure that Aubrey wouldn't choose me," Julian said as he nodded at the direction of Gabriel. Gabriel was one handsome guy, that, I would admit. Aubrey was so lucky to have him. "What about you? When do you plan to get married, huh?"

"Are you mocking me?" I rolled my eyes at him. He did know that I did not believe in marriage. "I can see myself as a bride in a wedding but not someone that's bound to be with a guy for the rest of my life,"

The song started playing as the doors opened. I couldn't care less about the people who went first because I was just waiting for the bride. I wanted to see what Aubrey looked like. The song changed into the real wedding song as I was stunned by the simple white gown that the bride was wearing.

Well, what stunned me the most?

It was the guy who was walking beside her, ready to give her away. "Son of a bitch," I gasped loud enough for no one to hear.

"Chad sure is happy to give Aubrey away," Julian whispered to me.

"What the hell is that guy doing here?" I frowned at Julian.

"You know Chad?" he wondered.

"I'm fucking enemies with him!" I knew that I wasn't in the right venue to say such awful words but I was really shocked.

As if on cue, Chad turned his head towards Julian and me. He first gave Julian a nod and when his eyes landed on me, I just wanted to dig a hole and die right there. He gave the same expression when I saw him inside this church.

"Enemies?" Julian repeated. "How did you know him?"

"Trust me," I said. "You don't want to know."

***

After the whole 'you may now kiss the bride' thing, Julian and I went to the reception. There was something in my gut that didn't want to proceed to the next venue but Julian set that aside for me. Well, he didn't know anything about Chad and me so I didn't expect him to understand anything about what I was feeling right now.

"Come on," Julian grabbed my hand. "Let's talk to the newlyweds,"

As we walked our way to Gabriel and Aubrey, it felt like I was dragging some weights with me. Why? It was because Chad was there, laughing with them. "Hey!" Julian greeted.

Everybody turned to look at Julian then to me. "Julian!" Aubrey hugged my date. "Already found a girl, eh?"

Julian just laughed at that. "Guys," Julian then held me by my back. "I want you to meet Rose,"

"It's so nice to meet you here," Chad commented.

"Really?" I raised an eyebrow at him. "Your face and voice say otherwise,"

"Are we missing something here?" Gabriel looked between Chad and me.

My phone rang from my clutch bag at the same time Chad's phone rang from his pocket. I glared at him for a second before pulling it out from my clutch.

I read the text that came from Alexa. 'I heard that you're in the same wedding as Chad. You've got no choice but to date now.'