Chapter 4 - I Don't Like Old Guys

Chapter 4 – I Don't Like Old Guys

[Rose's POV]

"You're in," two words that started our lives once again.

"That's it?" I asked. "No interviews?" I knew that the Rolexa duo was famous but I never expected for us to get the job without having an interview. I meant, she could have listened to us first, right? But anyways, I wasn't complaining. I was just wondering.

"You're the greatest duo in the fashion and make-up world, what do you expect?" she looked at us with admiration. "I don't really know why Margaret let the two of you go," she grinned at us. "But I should thank her for that because my company has the two of you now,"

"When do we start?" Alexa asked.

"When do you want to start?" Janine, our new boss, asked back.

Alexa and I shared a look for five seconds before answering at the same time, "In a week,"

"Then a week it is," she said professionally. It was obvious that this woman worshipped the two of us. Not to brag or anything, I knew that this would happen. I knew that everyone recognized our greatness. Wait, I was bragging.

Well, none of the bragging mattered at all since I was telling the truth.

***

"How'd it go?" Patrick asked from outside. Since last night, we became friends. I didn't know how this happened but it was cool to have a guy friend. Alexa told him the details and he looked at us shocked. We learned that he was still an architect student and would graduate this year. "You've got to be kidding me!"

"What can I say?" Alexa smiled proudly. "Rolexa is pretty famous,"

"And I need to get going," I informed them and they both looked at me confused. "What?" I asked. "I have a date with Julian,"

"You're still going to go see that boy?" Alexa asked me. "He's barely out of high school!"

"What boy?" Patrick looked at the both of us, obviously lost from the conversation.

"It's a boy that he met in the mall," Alexa rolled her eyes.

"A high school boy?" Patrick cleared and Alexa nodded.

"Whatever, Alex," I rolled my eyes back. "I'm going to go and you're not going to stop me from it,"

"His mother will sue you!" she reasoned.

"That's the risk I'm willing to take, Alex," I told my bestfriend and before walking away, I continued. "It's better than falling in love with an older guy,"

"Just promise you'll be safe," she sighed. "I mean, what if he's a rapist or something?"

"I'll stay safe," I smiled at her. After that, I continued walking since the mall wasn't that far away from here. Before crossing the street, I looked back at Patrick and Alexa. That was when I realized something.

Those two would look good together.

***

I already spotted Julian even though I was still a few steps away from him. He was looking everywhere but didn't see me. I smiled at how patient he was for waiting for me. I was fifteen minutes late after all. "You're still here," I greeted when I walked to his direction.

"I knew you'd come," he smiled back. His smile was a mesmerizing one, a cute boyish smile.

"What made you so sure about that?" I questioned.