Chapter 5 - I Don't Like Old Guys

Chapter 5 – I Don't Like Old Guys

[Chad's POV]

"Chad!" the annoying voice of my younger brother, Brian, yelled from the first floor up to the second of where my room was.

"What is it?!" I said, completely annoyed. I had yet another photoshoot today. I needed to look presentable for bigger bucks of money.

"Just come down here!" he yelled once again.

Since I didn't want to hear any more of my brother's yelling, I went downstairs and immediately spotted Aubrey and Gabriel. "What do you guys want?" I playfully rolled my eyes at them.

Gabriel and Aubrey lived here before. They paid me but they decided to move out. Gabriel was a rich kid and also, he was someone with a cruel past. Whilst on the other hand, Aubrey was the only one who managed to break his walls.

On the sofa were my brother and his girlfriend Lissa. Lissa and my younger brother, Brian, were parts of Gabriel's cruel past. I wasn't in the right place to spill their story out for I needed to sort out my own.

"We want to talk to you about the wedding," Gabriel told me.

"What?!" I yelled. Well, not only me, but my brother and Lissa too.

"Why didn't you tell me?" Lissa stood up from the sofa and ran towards Aubrey.

"Surprised?" Aubrey smiled at her.

"I hate you!" Lissa responded. "But when is it?"

"Next week," Gabriel smirked at us.

"That fast?" I asked them and the both of them nodded. I guessed that Gabriel wanted to marry her immediately to be able to gain full responsibility of her.

"You two are insane for telling us this a week before the wedding," Ash shook his head, not quite believing what he just heard.

"What did you expect, Ash?" Brian asked the blonde. "They're the blindest and the most insane couple of the world!"

"I know," Ash added. "They didn't know that they have feelings for each othe—"

"Stop!" Aubrey yelled and she looked at me "I want you to give me away, Chad,"

"I'm not that old," I told her without having any second thoughts. "But I'd be honored to give you away, Aubrey,"

I knew that no one would be able to give Aubrey away except for me. Maybe Ash could give her away but I was older than Ash. I was the perfect brother figure for Aubrey, or father...what else?

"Really?" Aubrey's eyes widened and I nodded at her.

"Thanks, Chad," Gabriel replied for his girl.

"So...Lissa," Aubrey looked at the other girl inside the room. "Want to help us plan the wedding?"

"Totally!"

Girls.

I mentally rolled my eyes.

It was a good thing that older women didn't act like this.

***

[Rose's POV]

"He invited you to a wedding...?" Alexa asked me as were inside Starbucks, drinking our morning coffee. "Even though you just met...?" I nodded at her, annoyed. "Even though you don't believe in weddings? You agreed to go with him?"

"For the fiftieth time, Alex! Yes! I already told him that I will be his date to the wedding! Simple as that!"

"Sorry for asking such a ridiculous question, Rose," she said in a matter-of-fact tone. "But I'm not the one who agreed to go to a wedding even though she doesn't believe in one,"

"There's nothing wrong with that,"

"Yeah, right," she rolled her eyes. "You haven't been in a wedding for a long time,"

"I've bee—"

"Yeah, when you were ten and you ruined the wedding cake of your own cousin!"

"It was an accident!"

"I was there," she told me. "I know that it was an accident but you still ruined it!"

"I didn't mean to smash my face on the cake!"

"Oh, really?" she raised an eyebrow at me. "You wanted to taste the icing so much that you were going to lick it then when a waiter bumped into you. It was your fault from the very start. You wanted to taste the icing!"

Since my mom and Alexa's mom were best friends, we had known each other for literally like forever. We grew up together. She knew every embarrassing moments that had happened to me and vice versa. "I hate you," I glared at her.

"Love you too, Rose," she winked at me, knowing that she had won our silly little argument. "And Patrick invited us to a party tonight,"

"A party?" I repeated. "Hosted by...?"

"I dunno," she shrugged. "He said that it's a party by one of his friends. And he also added that it's going to fun,"

"Can we have a bet?"

"About what?"

"About you," I grinned at her.

"Bring it on," she leaned in to hear the bet that I was proposing.

"I bet that you will wake up on the same bed as Patrick tomorrow...that is if we go to that party that he invited us to,"

"Are you implying that I will have sex with Patrick tonight?" she asked. "I know he's hot but I don't always go and have sex with people that I just met,"

"So...you're up for the bet, then?"

"Of course!" she almost yelled, almost. "How about two hundred dollars?"

"Two hundred dollars?" I wondered of the things that could be bought with that huge amount of money. "You're on,"

The good thing about this bet?

I was on the upper hand here.

Considering that my bestfriend wasn't that familiar with herself, it was a sure win for me.

[Chad's POV]

What I hated about the photoshoot today? It was the photographer.

He was gay.

Don't get me wrong, I didn't have a problem with people of that gender, I just got a problem with gays hitting on me. I came here for the job, not for someone like him to have had a chat with.

"You up to go to a party tonight?" Thomas, a friend model of mine, patted my back as the photographer called the photoshoot off. I silently thanked the Heaven's for finally sending him the message that I didn't want to have a guy partner in my life.

"It depends on whose party we're talking about here," I told him as I was removing the suit that I had on and changing it into a plain white t-shirt.

"My brother's party," he stated.

"You mean Chester? My high school buddy?" I knew for a fact that Thomas was Chester's older brother. Thomas was pretty much the reason why I became a model. I ditched high school and became a model before I could even step into college.

I was comfortable enough that I could maintain this fit body of mine for me not to get fired from modeling. Modeling was my life, though I could still go into college, I chose this. And I loved doing this.

"That's him," he nodded. "Why did you even ask? You already know that I only have one brother,"

"That's what you call lengthening a conversation, Tom," I patted his back. "Maybe you should learn how to do that to get laid,"

"I can get laid whenever I want," he scoffed. "I'm a model. And girls? They fucking dig models."