Chapter 17 - I Don't Like Old Guys

Chapter 17 – I Don't Like Old Guys

[Chad's POV]

"You're moving back here?" My tone sounded bitter but it was a good thing that Julian didn't notice it.

"I'm going to attend a college near here," he pulled his suitcase and sat comfortably on the sofa in front of me and Ash. "Did you not miss me?"

"We did," Ash looked at me before flashing a smile to Julian. "It's just that...we didn't expect for you to move back here again,"

Was I to tell Julian that there was no available room for him to stay?

Who the hell was I kidding?

This place was huge that even a dozen renters could stay here.

"And I want to be close to someone as possible," he added. "You remember her, Chad, right?" he asked me. "Last time I checked, you were sworn enemies and you still didn't explain how that happened,"

Was I to tell Julian that I was in a progressing relationship with Rozabelle now?

"It's nothing," I scoffed. "As I told you before, we just didn't click,"

"That's it?" Julian raised an eyebrow at me. "No further explanation?"

How was I supposed to tell him the truth? There was a rule for men. A rule that we called 'Bro Code'. I didn't want to risk my friendship with Julian for something like...this.

At the back of my mind, I didn't want Julian to know because it would ruin our friendship. On the other hand, I knew that Rozabelle was worth a million if ever I lost my friendship with Julian. I somehow knew that this was worth the risk.

But now was not the right time to tell him.

I couldn't.

I valued the 'Bro Code' as of now.

"They bumped into each other one time and neither of them said their apologies," Ash lied. "I guessed that's where it started. Then after that, they saw each other in the same company,"

"With just that?" Julian chuckled. "But that's so immature!"

"I thought so too," Ash agreed. At least this conversation ended well...and I also needed to make a mental note to thank Ash later.

***

"What are you doing here?" that was the first thing Rozabelle asked me when she saw me at the front step of her door. "As far as I know, we don't have anything planned for today," even without a make-up on and a messy hair to be partnered up with her lazy look, she still looked beautiful.

"What?" I shrugged. "Can't I just visit my girlfriend today?" I emphasized the word 'girlfriend' and that made her roll her eyes.

A daily reaction from her...that was good. At least nothing had changed...for now.

I went straight to Rozabelle's house the day after Julian arrived. I visited her not because I missed her—well, that too, but I was quite nervous of what Rozabelle felt about this whole situation. Julian told us that he already paid Rozabelle a visit when he tracked her via GPS.

I was quite comfortable that Julian was no match for me in terms of physical appearance but this was Rozabelle that we were talking about.

She liked younger guys and apparently, Julian was a suiting choice for her preferences than me.

"Why are you really here?" she asked.

"Don't you want to invite your boyfriend inside?" I pouted like a little child. I knew that Rozabelle was weak when it came to my pouting. I honestly didn't like my gesture but if that would make her weak, I would do it without a doubt.

I just hoped that Julian would oppose to pouting so I would be a step up above him.

Much to her dismay, Rozabelle opened the door widely for me to enter. I took off my coat and placed it on top of her sofa where I comfortably sat on. "I'm currently watching movie," she grabbed the remote and pressed 'play'. "Since you're here, you can join me,"

The television screen showed that she was watching 'Jumper'. I hadn't watched the movie but I knew that it was about this guy who had the power to teleport from one place to another.

"Want to cuddle?" I opened my arms wide.

Rozabelle glared at me but sat beside me afterwards. She leaned her head on my chest whilst I circled an arm around her.

Sure, we hadn't even kissed...but we did sweet things like this once in a while.

After a couple of minutes, she spoke up, "I'm guessing you're here because you somehow heard that Julian's back in town, right?"

I stayed silent for a few seconds before answering, "Yes,"

"You're quite funny," she playfully slapped my stomach. "You came here just for that?"

"Cuddling with you like this is worth it," I sounded like I was joking but I was really happy that I came today. "But I just wanted to make sure that I'm still in the place to call myself your boyfriend,"

"Are you nervous?"

"Yeah," I admitted. Both of us had our eyes on the screen, none of us making a move to look at each other.

I would sound gay if I said that my heart started to beat faster when she drew herself closer to me...but that was what I really felt. I thought that my heart would explode when she muttered the words, "You have no reason to." 

FumiseLove

Hi guys :) Here I'm going to link the book the I'm focusing at. Why am I focusing on it? It's because I can make money whilst writing my stories! You can pay per chapter and the first three chapters are free! Give it a go if you want to but please support my stories...it will really mean a lot to me since I'm struggling to buy a new laptop since this old laptop of mine is not working properly now.

Download the Radish app in iOS and Android and keep updated :) (Do take note that this app is not available on the web)

Blood and Victory Academy

Here's the link: https://radish.app.link/L4yY2N0NxA

Overview:

Blood and Victory Academy.

A school for vampire hunters.

Ash Miller is a notorious girl who got kicked out of high school. Little did she know that destiny is already waiting at the front step of her door. Simon Hale is willing to help her through her training in becoming a vampire hunter like her parents whilst Tyrone Eastaughffe is ready to make her life a living hell.

What will become of Ash Miller who has her heart torn between two opposite predators?