Chapter 15 - I Don't Like Old Guys

Chapter 15 – I Don't Like Old Guys

[Rose's POV]

It had already been a month since we came back from Japan. What Chad said to me was something that I couldn't get out of my mind. I could still remember how loud my heart pounded inside my chest when he said those words.

'For making me fall for real this time',

The whole walk back to the club that night was full of silence. I didn't know how to respond to him but I knew that I didn't hate him for what he said. In fact, he made me happy...but I decided not to tell him that.

After the incident, I decided not to push Chad away anymore. We were going on a slow pace but maybe this relationship was worth a shot. I couldn't deny the fact that we were sometimes awkward around each other but that awkwardness somehow became a natural thing between the two of us.

I didn't know what pushed me to give him a chance. At first, I thought that my decision was just me being civil but I later realized that I found myself being satisfied by Chad's presence. We weren't the lovey-dovey bunch. As a matter of fact, we were quite the opposite since the cat-and-mouse relationship remained with us. We were used to not getting along.

I hadn't heard from Julian ever since we went on a date a few days after the wedding. I was a little disappointed because I thought that he was serious about me at first but I soon found out that what Chad said was right. I was just a plaything for him. I couldn't actually call myself a plaything since we hadn't slept together. But yeah, it had been more than a month since I last heard of that boy.

"We're going to be working with Chad again," Alexa notified me whilst we were inside the studio. "Aren't you excited?"

"It's not that big of a deal," I shrugged.

"Oh, right," she grinned. "You're used to seeing him that often because you go out in dates and such,"

"If you're that enthusiastic about my romantic life, you should save that energy for Patrick," I rolled my eyes. Patrick and Alexa officially became together after a few dates. Alexa realized that she was falling for Patrick so she didn't waste any time to officially be together with him.

"It's also my priority to make sure you stay in a relationship with Chad," she pointed out. "It's not fair if I'm the only one who gets to be happy,"

"And what makes you so sure that he will make me happy?" I asked.

"Am I not enough to make you happy?" a familiar voice interrupted us. I didn't need to turn around to know who the owner of that voice was but I did turn anyway. "As far as I'm concerned, it's a natural job for me to make women happy,"

"Don't put me on the same page as those women you'd slept with, Chad," I rolled my eyes.

"Are you jealous?" he smirked.

"In your dreams," I glared at him.

***

"I was just kidding earlier. You don't have to be so pissed off about it," Chad chuckled as we were eating in a fancy restaurant. "If you continue acting like that, I'm going to start thinking that you're really jealous,"

"And I'm really going to start stabbing you with this fork," I told him. How many times did I have to tell him that I wasn't jealous! I was just pissed off because he—ugh. "Why don't you just go somewhere, find a cougar, and get laid? You're pissing me off,"

"Maybe I'll just do that," he said, not a sign of irritation in his voice. "It's been a month since I had fun,"

I frowned at what he said. I knew that he wasn't having fun with me since all we did was argue...but for me, it was fun having such silly arguments with him. Maybe I was the only one who felt that way.

I stood up and slapped a hundred dollar bill on the table. "Here's the payment for the meal. I lost my appetite so I'll be going now," I didn't wait for Chad's answer when I stormed out of the restaurant. I went straight to the bar where I usually hanged out with Alexa.

I rented a pool table and ordered a beer from the bartender. "Why the big frown on the face, Rose?" Robert asked. Since everybody who worked at this bar knew of Alexa and me, we were friends with all of them. It was no surprise if the bartender started talking casually to me. Robert was the closest one to us. He was in his late 20's, blonde haired and brown eyed guy with a calming personality. His looks weren't that top notch but his calmness seemed to attract many of the women customers.

"Nothing big," I smiled. "I just need a break from work. It's quite tiring," what I told him was not a lie at all. Work became a bit too stressing because of back-to-back fashion shows everywhere. Especially when Alexa and I were hired to put extra effort in making people look like zombies because of a certain film which was too tiring for our own good.

"But that's not the only reason, right?" Robert pointed out as he was also pouring drinks for the other customers. "You've been here for a long time. I know what's going on inside that head of yours," Alexa and I started playing pool when we were just in high school. We would get into this bar with our fake ID's but they quickly found out that we were underage afterwards. Robert backed us up and said that he would look out for us so we could stay there. I could say that Robert was like an older brother to me and my bestfriend.

"I'll tell you when it's time," I smiled at him and went to the pool table. Before I could even start playing, someone leaned on the table and smiled at me. "What are you doing here?"

"Surprised?" his smile never faltered. He took his cellphone out from his pocket and showed it to me. "Good thing your GPS was on,"

I glared at him, "After more than a month of not talking to me, you suddenly show up and talk to me like we're good friends?"

"I can explain, Rose," he reached a hand to cup one side of my cheek.

"Then explain what happened, Julian."