Chapter 10

"So..." Luke drags out, while still playing with my hair with his long fingers. We had woken up about 2 hours ago and have been laying with my head on his chest, not speaking a word ever since. "do you wanna talk about it?".

Staying silent, I shake my head no, unable to look at him.

"Okay. You know you will have to eventually, right?"

I nod and take his large hand in my own, starting to trace the lines.

"Wanna know what's weird?" I ask, continuing to trace the patterns etched into his skin.

"Shoot." He smiles at me, looking me straight in the eyes. 

"We've been friends for like 10 minutes." I chuckle. 

"Well, I guess. Wanna hear something cheesy and stupid?" He asks, earning an eager nod from me."I feel like I've known you for years." Luke admits, his cheeks instantly heating up. 

I smile and hug him tight, never wanting this moment to end. Mustering up courage, I quickly peck him on the cheek. 

"What was that for?" he asks, sheepishly.

"You make me happy." I respond simply.

"I wanna show you something." 

I nod and then instantly regret it when he quickly gets out of bed and goes over to his backpack which is sitting on the ground near the door. He shuffles around until holding up the object like it was buried treasure, a journal. 

He silently hands it to me and I begin to examine the worn leather and creased binding. As I open the book, I am greeted with Luke's messy handwriting going every which way and little doodles in the corners. I begin to skim over the text, noticing a few of my favourite quotes and flip through the pages. When I get to a page with the corner folded down, my breath is taken away at the sketch brought before me. It was a mouth holding a cigarette between the teeth. I brushed my hand over it lightly, feeling the indents where he applied more pressure with the pencil. When I finally got to the last written on page, I couldn't help, but read each word. I read slowly, wanting the words to sink into my skin and leave me with them forever. 

"Even though I know absolutely shit about feelings and friendships and relationships, I know this: I would never, ever hurt you Luke Hemmings. I promise that." I smile, wholeheartedly. Overwhelmed by the emotions inflicted by the powerful words, I lean up and kiss him gently on the mouth. 

As we pull apart, he brushes my lower lip with the pad of his thumb. I can't help but close my eyes, processing what had just happened. My over-analyzing is cut off by his lips being pressed to mine again, this time with something more...more eager. His large hands make their way to my hips and my small hands make their way to his face, feeling the scruff brush against my smooth skin. My eyes pop open as his tongue traces my lower lip and I can't help but open my mouth, feeling his tongue slip into my mouth. 

I quickly push my hands against his hard chest, and worry overtakes his features. 

"What's wrong Finn?" He asks.

"Uh, that was my..." I drift off, slightly embarrassed at my lack of kissing history. 

"Oh." He says, eyes wide, "I didn't letcha down did I?" he regains confidence and asks with a smirk. 

Smiling, I shake my head and lie back on his chest. We stayed silent for a few more moments of me listening to his steady heartbeat, and him stroking my hair when I finally asked, "Did I let you down?".

"What are you talking about?"

"Like, was it...not good?" I ask cautiously, feeling my cheeks heat up.

"No! No, nothing like that Finn. It was one of the best," He smiles, kissing my forehead, "I promise."

I silently lift my pinky in the air, hoping for the response I desire. 

Smiling, he wraps his own tiny finger around my sealing the deal. 

With one last soft kiss to his lips, I climb out of his embrace and sit in front of him. It's time to tell him the truth. Even if it hurts.