Chapter 20

Three months-that's all it took for me to pick myself up from wallowing in my self pity and actually get my shit together.

I am currently lying on a beach in Ibiza in a bikini with a fruity drink in my hand. I was backpacking around Europe during the second month when I met Clarke in a pub in Ireland. When I first saw him, I think I spent a good five minutes just taking him in. His striking blue eyes and chocolate locks that cascade down to his shoulders sparked my interest the second I saw him through the bar haze of cigarette smoke and fluorescent lighting. Sighing, I flip over onto my tummy to tan my back, being extra careful not to get too much sand on my towel. 

"Need anything, M'dear?" I hear him ask from beside me. I just shake my head lightly and make some inhumane noise, he gets the message and chuckles.

I think I've found myself over these three months. I was fortunate enough to go out into the world and discover that it's a wonderful place- I've had tea with posh Brits, chugged pints with Irishmen, experienced incredible pastries with the French. Never in my entire life have I felt more at peace with myself and the world around me. I did miss my aunt and cousins though, but not my old life. I was depressed and sad and lonely...it was a dark time and I never want to go back to that. 

 After another hour of lying on the hot sandy beach, I finally get up and dust myself of sand, gathering my items so I can go back to the inn and shower the suntan lotion and salt water off. Shooting a goodbye to Clark, I slip on my sandals and place my earbuds in, allowing the musical talents of Oasis overcome me and encase me in my own little world. Ahhhh music. I still play the piano occasionally but I miss it, god I miss it. I've started to write though, nothing structured or polished but little poems and blurbs here and there in my little brown book. 

"Hola" I smile brightly at the dark skinned woman standing behind the front desk of the inn. She smiles and nods back and then continues to read her book. 

After walking up to the room and drinking a cold glass of water, I strip my shorts and bikini off of my body and step into a cold shower. Odd, I know, but when its 96 degrees outside, a cold shower is the best shower. 

~~~~~~~~~~~

"I must confess I still believe-still believe" I sing quietly to myself, stepping onto the linoleum tiling of the bathroom. Right when I turn around to step out of the bathroom, I bump into a hard chest. "Hi Clarke" I mumble to his chest, staying where I was. 

"Hi Finn." He jokingly mumbles back, patting my head with a laugh.

Moving away from the tall man, I take a seat on the bed. "So what's the plan for tonight?" I ask, "It's 6:15 right now, so we should probably get something to eat and then we can go out if you want".

"Yeah that sounds good," he says, nodding, "I kind of want to go dancing, is that cool with you?"

"Sure sounds great" I smile and begin to get ready for the long night ahead of me.

~~~~~~~~~

A/N okay this is super super short and might suck because ngl I'm quite rusty but please leave feedback whether its a vote or a comment (or both ayeeee) because I have no clue whats going on with this book like whether im gonna keep going or not. Thanks so much for being the most understanding people ever.