How Did She Do That?

Nat’s POV:

I actually considered karate chopping his face, but all of a sudden time froze. I froze, I felt as I couldn’t move. A girl had her hand out stretched towards me, and when I looked up at her confused, she dropped her arms, and my hand landed weakly on Jake’s face.

Great! That would have been a really good karate chop; do you have any idea how long I’ve been guessing who this Adler guy is?! Then come’s Gemma waltzing in with that smug ugly face of hers.

“Leave the poor boy alone Nat!” my mother scolded.

“Yeah, NATASHA” Timmy teased.

“Who the hell said my name was Natasha?”

“Nat, Natasha? Aint it right?”

“Nope, my name’s Nadine, but people call me Nay-dean so I settled on a nickname, and let’s face it, ‘Nad’ just doesn’t work, and dean is a guy’s name.”

“Your name’s Nadine?” Jake croaked. I realised my hand was still on his neck and I quickly pulled away.

“Yeah, Natasha aint no Egyptian name”

“Well you can hardly call your daughter Nefertari”

“That’s ancient Egyptians” Sheila said matter of factly “seriously dude, how much do you know?”

“When did ‘Nadine’ become an Egyptian name?”

“How about we stop arguing about whose name’s what kay?”

A grumble of agreement came out of Jake, who probably had an effort even talking, but the subject was closed.

“Show’s over!” I screamed, they scattered away, and within seconds the hall was empty.

“WAIT EVERYBODY BACK!”

The room was crowded once again, and I just stared at all of them until I found what I wanted. “You” I pointed at the girl who held my hand from karate chopping Jake. “Come ‘ere”

She whimpered and her parents- or who I think are her parents- grabbed on to her. “p-please, she’s all we have!” her dad stuttered.

Pathetic

I made my teeth look all sharp and pointy, and smiled, baring my teeth. They gasped and so did the whole front row of people there, “I don’t bite” I said sweetly.

“NAT!” my mother screamed. “Stop it this instant!”

“You know, I kinda like my fresh parents, the ones that can’t speak English” I stated, “ones that didn’t actually care about what I did”

“What are you talking about, fresh parents? How can they live in London when they can’t even speak English?” Timmy asked indecorously.

“Whatever, what do want from the poor girl? Just put the girl out of her misery already”

“You want me to kill her?” thud "well looks like her parents were so focused on me talking to myself they hadn’t realised their daughter fainting!” I said looking pointedly at them. They made a circle around her body. I just went in between the crowed, kneeled next to her, and slapped her. “Please, get up, this isn’t national Fainting day!” I pleaded, “all I wanted to know was how you did that, I aint gunna kill you! See, I kill one guy and suddenly I’m a firkin serial killer!”

“Don’t take it personally habibty” my mother said soothingly, “their judgmental jerks, what to do?”

A chorus of about five about five people shouting hey! Came from the crowed, the rest turned to look at them.