It's All Coming Together (24)

Thomas' POV

The day started off normal.

I woke up before Alexander, woke him up with a light kiss, before getting up to make coffee. I got an idea. It had been a few months, and Lafayette and Hercules were back. While Alexander was getting up, I called Lafayette over. He got over quickly, as we were all close to eachother. I told him, "I need you to make crepes."

But, what started off as a normal day, turned sour really quick.

At about one that afternoon, Alexander got a call. He picked it up, and put it on speaker. "Hello, is this Alexander Hamilton?" "This is he." "Well, my name is Martha Laurens, I was John Laurens' correct grammar? sister. I assume you were his boyfriend, as I saw you speak at the funeral."

He looks at me and says, "Yes, I was his former boyfriend." "Look, let's cut the shit. I know what happened. I know my brother killed himself, by jumping off a roof. I know you were there as well as your boy toy and other friends, and let me say, you are a fucking lying, murderer. You killed my brother. It's your fault that he killed himself. You won't know when, but I'm coming for you. I'm coming to kill you you piece of shit. I'll wait until you have your wedding though. I'm a somewhat decent person, unlike you you fucking orphan son of a whore."

With that she ended the call, leaving my Alexander with tears streaking down his face and his eyes wide with fear. I stood up and hugged him, before I felt him sink down. I went down with him, on my knees now. I felt and heard his great sobs, his shoulders shaking and bouncing up and down with each heavy breath.

It took him a while to calm down, but he eventually pulled away. I cupped his cheek in my hand, wiping away a tear with my thumb. His skin was soft. I pull his head towards my and rest my forehead on his, helping him relax. I kiss him lightly, and stand up, offering my hand. He grabs it, pulling himself up. He took a deep breath before hugging me, "I love you, so much, and I'm really scared right now."

I nod, taking in a shakey breath. I hug him tight to me, as we're both scared and don't want to loose eachother. We eventually pulled away, and decided something. We're going to go to the cops.

Martha's POV

God...! I shouldn't of given them my name, they're probably going to report me. Well, I'm not attacking for a few months either way, as I said, I'll attack after their wedding. Ha, then his friends won't have the money to grieve.

That bastard is going down, whether he likes it or not.

Alexander's POV

After we report Miss Martha Laurens, we drove back home. I made Thomas give me a ride inside, to which I mean, I made him let me ride on his back. When he set me down he laughed, and I tried to reach him so I could kiss him, but, it just didn't work. He laughed and kissed me, then picked me up and plopped me on the couch. We had to watch Moana, as it got on Netflix like, two months ago, and we had to watch it.

When we got done, we decided to invite everyone over for lunch. Thomas had recorded the call, as we had done with all of them since that person busted in. I guess that was Martha.

When everyone was over, we ate and talked for a bit, before I said, "Thomas and I need to show you something." They all looked around nervously while Thomas pulled out his phone. "You guys know that person that broke in?" They all nodded. Thomas tapped the play button.

"Hello, is this Alexander Hamilton?" "This is he." "Well, my name is Martha Laurens, I was John Laurens' sister. I assume you were his boyfriend, as I saw you speak at the funeral."

"Yes, I was his former boyfriend." "Look, let's cut the shit. I know what happened. I know my brother killed himself, by jumping off a roof. I know you were there as well as your boy toy and other friends, and let me say, you are a fucking lying, murderer. You killed my brother. It's your fault that he killed himself. You won't know when, but I'm coming for you. I'm coming to kill you you piece of shit. I'll wait until you have your wedding though. I'm a somewhat decent person, unlike you you fucking orphan son of a whore."

I was sitting there, and I saw everyone staring at me. I didn't realize I had been crying. I felt arms around me, and I recognized the scent of daisies to be Thomas. I lightly pushed on him, telling him that I was okay.

"Orphan?" I heard Angelica ask. I tensed up. No one knew my back story except Thomas.

"This is going to take a minute. Get ready to hear my shitty life." I looked around, and Thomas just pulled me towards him.

I sighed, taking in a deep breath, I started,

"So, I grew up in a small island in the Caribbean. My father left when I was ten to move to America, abandoning my mother, my brother and myself. When I was twelve, my mother and I were infected with a disease. I made it our alive... I was the lucky one. When I was seventeen, a hurricane came, causing me to loose my town and my dear brother. I wrote very high down as far as I could see. The people alive from the town read my text, and collected money for me to head to New York."

Everyone had stayed silent the whole time. Thomas hugged me closer as tears slipped down my face. Everyone looked, shocked.

"I have no one left."

Thoma turned to me and said, "You still have me, and everyone else here, including Peggy. Everyone loves you, as family or more, and we will be your family." I smiled, tears coming in a steady stream. Everyone nodded. I wiped the tears from my eyes and said, "Thank you."

"Now I have a family."

So I'm rewriting this slightly because I just want to say something real quick (a note from present day me). You are never, ever responsible for anyone's happiness or mental wellbeing. Even if they rely on you, it is not your responsibility. And if anyone you know and care about commits suicide, it's not your fault. You didn't cause it, even if you guys were on bad terms at the time. You didn't cause it. There is a part in this chapter that could be triggering for people who have had a loved one commit suicide, and I apologize for that.

I'm not sure if I communicated properly what I was trying to say, but don't blame yourself for other people's actions and choices. I love all of you 💕💕💕.