In New York You Can Be A New Man (21)

A

I heard my phone give off a light ringing sound, one I recognized as Washington's ringtone. "Shit." I say before grabbing my phone and answering. I put him on speaker, so we moved downstairs, closing Jesse and Angie's door. He starts, "What were you THINKING MOVING TO VIRGINIA WITHOUT WARNING ME FIRST? YOU REALIZE ELECTIONS ARE ABOUT TO START AND MY SECRETARY OF TREASURY AND STATE JUST LEFT ME TO MOVE SOUTH, ABOUT TEN STATES AWAY FROM ME? HAVE YOU LOST YOUR MINDS?" He finished, panting. "Sir, look, we can email any work and call you, and for any conferences we will send you our scripts or if demands are made we can fly down." I respond calmly. Herc and Laf were already up anyway, so they were just startled.

He sighed, "I guess that can work, but, what're you two doing about jobs?" "We're figuring that out and searching around." "Okay," I take him off speaker, "Goodbye son." I flinch, "Goodbye Dad." I hang up, and everyone looked confused.

"Okay, what's going on?"

T

"Okay, what's going on?"

I looked at Lafayette, and he looked back, confused. "Washington decided to run for president way back when we were still in college and he wanted us to be his Secretaries of Treasury," I pointed to Alexander, "And State." I finish. They look slightly in awe before we hear a door slam open. I look to Alexander, who looks at me, looking terrified, as we see an angry Angelica at the top of the steps. She smiles before descending down the stairs slowly.

We all sigh in relief collectively that she's not angry with us. She says that she'll wake up Jesse, and we can go out for breakfast. We nod, letting her go up and wake Jesse up and change. We all separate into rooms, a room for each couple. I change quickly, as does Alexander, and we leave the bathroom quickly. We stay that the top of he stairs until Maria and Eliza say we can come down yes I ship them don't judge me.

We come down and wait for Angelica and Jesse. They come down, and we all pack into our cars and head out to a random cafe. I order a soft drink, and Alexander orders, you guessed it, coffee. We sit down at a particularly large table, big enough to suit our group. We talk for a while before they bring our food, and we eat silently.

"Hey, there's a mall near here that we could go to if everyone's down." I suggest after we all finish. They all nod, except Jesse and Angelica, who decide to stay home since she's six months pregnant. We understand, and let them go, without pressuring them. We drive to the mall and meet up by the main entrance, before walking around and going in random stores, occasionally a book store, but mostly clothing stores.

Alexander looked a bit bored whenever we went into a clothing store, as he didn't care too much how he looked, and he didn't have any money to waste. I decide to run in to a Hot Topic when he's looking at books, and buy him a beenie that was rainbow that had 'PRIDE' written in all caps. I walk out, and meet up with him. I give him the hat and he laughs, before pulling off the tag and putting it on, giving everyone in out group finger guns before we leave the mall.

Sooo tired... gonna write more tomorrow (6/26/2017)
I'm back (6/27/2017)

We walk to the car slowly, and when we get there we get inside, and I suggest another thing, "Wanna go to a park?" He nods, and we start towards the park. It's not nearly as big or beautiful as Central Park, but it's beautiful and still filled with childhood memories.