Epilogue

Trigger warning: ***

My head's underwater but I'm breathing fine,

We walked along the streets of New York City with Philip in hand. He was now nine, going on ten. It was early October, so it was rather cool outside, but just-need-a-jacket kind of cool. We liked walking through the streets of our old home. It gave us slight nastalgia. We eventually went back to the hotel to take showers and baths. I pulled on a magenta shirt and jeans when I stepped out of the shower. Thomas wore a light green one. We awwwwed at each other and helped Philip get clothes.

But you're crazy and I'm out my mind.

We were heading out to get lunch when we saw a group of three people on the street walking towards us. We both stopped, and stared. They looked exactly like us. "Doppelgangers?" I asked. One of them shrugged and reached out a hand, "Lin Manuel Miranda, and you are?" I took it, "Alexander Hamilton." He shook my hand, and Thomas was introduced to a guy named Daveed. I was holding Philips hand to make sure he didn't get swept away by the crowd, and the other guy looked like an older version of him. He shook my hand, "Anthony Ramos." I nodded. We all exchanged phone number to keep in touch afterwards.

'Cause All of Me,

We walked down to a small ice cream shop, and ordered our ice cream. The guys that helped make it was named Connor, and the cashier was named Evan. We enjoyed our ice cream in silence until three kids about the other twos age busted in, one screaming something about Lush having a new non- toxic bathbomb? I just turned and shot a confused glance and Thomas, who returned the look.

Loves all of you.

We entered a flower shop not soon after to get some nice ones for dad, and we were greeted by a nineteen looking guy named Micheal. Another kid who was a pretty tall and lanky came in, and they shared a quick kiss before he went to the back. We chose some roses, lillies and lavender for him.

All your your curves and all your edges,

Philip insisted afterwards to getting slurpees at a Seven Eleven, and we needed to get gas anyway, so he and I went in while Thomas filled up the car. He chose a cherry one, while I got Thomas and I a blue raspberry to share. A girl named Veronica rung us up.

All your perfect imperfections.

We headed over to a nice restaurant for dinner without Philip, as dad had agreed to watch him. It was nice to have a date once in a while, as Pip was still too young to stay home by himself. We got a call from a random number suddenly as we were exiting.

Give your all to me,

"Hello?" "Is this Alexander Hamilton?" "This is he." "I'm afraid your adoptive father, George Washington, has suffered a fatal heart attack." I gasped, "Okay, we'll be at the hospital soon." We drive to the one she told us he was at and rushed to his room as soon as possible. We entered to see him. He lifted his head up and smiled, "Son, you've done such a great job." Tears were slowly falling now, "Dad..." "Please, carry on my legacy for me."