Chapter 12

Lauren's POV

It's been seven months since I seen Michael. We also haven't talked to either. I really miss him. The only thing that keeps my mind off of him is my college work. I have this big final exam coming in next month within three weeks. I feel like crap. I don't know what to do about this paper I have to finish up about Romeo and Juliet. So much to do and I'm getting stressed out. Where is Michael when I need him? He is the only one to calm me down.

  It's around 10 A.M. in the morning and I'm with my friends at the Library.

"Looks like someone has a lot on their hands" Tiffany comes in.

"You have to remind me?"

"I'm just saying. Lauren, how are you going to get all of this work done and have time to study?"

"I just have to manage my time better. I have a counseling meeting later" I said trying to organize my papers.

"What do you need counseling for?"

"Nothing. I'm just volunteering to help other college students to make better decisions and help them be more confident in their exam" I told my friend Sarah.

"WOW! Good luck with that happening" she walks off. I sit there in the chair and sigh to myself. I'm never gonna get this done by next week. I took as many notes I could take.

"Hey, whatever happens to Michael?" I paused when Tiffany asked me that. I didn't know what to say.

"Um, he's busy," I told her.

"It's been awhile since we talked. I guess he is still shooting his movie." I feel my heart pounding in my chest. I really wonder what he is doing right now. I tried calling him but he never answers his phone. I even called Katherine and she said she hasn't heard from him either. Maybe I shouldn't worry about it...

Michael's POV

Its a Saturday night and I with Diana Ross going to Studio 54. I heard this place was the best and have good music. Plus its where all the A-list celebs goes. It was amazing. I was with my friends Quincy Jones and John Travolta. I felt like it was the best place to hang out and relax after months of hard work filming.

"Hey Smelly! How is it going man?" He always calls me that because that was my nickname.

"I have been good. Hey John"

"Hey Mike, how is the film going?"

"It's been going great."

"Doesn't this music just sound good? I'm gonna go out there on the dance floor" Diana said. I went upstairs to the VIP booth and had a seat at the table. I watch down below watching all the people dancing. Some sure are dressing outlandish. As I look, I thought about Lauren. What is she doing? I haven't called her in such a long time. I hope she doesn't get upset at me. I gazed blankly while my friends were talking and enjoying the music. I finally made up my mind. I got up and left the club. I drove home to my hotel.

Once I made it to my room, I went to the phone and dialed her number. It rings...

"Hello? This is Lauren, I'm not in right now so can you please leave your name and number and I will promise that I will get back to you later. Bye..."

*BEEP*

I hung up without leaving a message. Maybe she's in the bathroom. I took the phone again and dialed again. Still no answer. I'm starting to worry now. What if she broke up with me? Is she seeing someone else while I'm gone? NO! It couldn't be. I pick the phone up again and call. This time I left a message;

"Hey, um, this is Michael. I was just calling to see how you are and to tell you that I miss you. I been thinking about you these past seven months...I really wish you was here with me...bye..." I sigh as I hung up. Where could she be?

Lauren's POV

  I come home to my apartment. I just came from the book store. I walked over to the phone to see if I had messages.

"Hey Lauren, its Latoya! I was just calling to see how you were doing and to tell you that Michael is doing well on the film. Hope you are doing good with your studies. Call me when you get back, bye!" I chuckle to myself. I love Latoya, not a bad friend. She's really good to me and she is really good to her brother also even though they fight all the time. Next message comes up, it's Michael. As I listen to his message, I sit down next to the phone sad. I wish I was with him now. I'm glad to know that he still thinks about me because I still think about him.

Michael's POV

There is a knock at my door. I get up and go to answer who it is.

"Ms. Ross"

"Hey Michael, I was wondering if you were here. Why did you leave?" she says as I let her inside.

"Well, I had some things on my mind..." I shut the door. "Like?" I go over to my couch and sits in it.

"You still miss her?" she asks. I shook my head. "Oh Michael..." she walks over to me and sits next to me. "Did you call her?"

"I tried and there was no answer...what if she doesn't want me?"

"Don't say that, Michael, you are the one and only person she loves and trust..." she caresses my face.

"But what if she is seeing someone else?"

"Michael don't think like that, baby." she hugs me as I cry the pain of heart aching. I just can't take it or not talking to Lauren. I'm really thankful for Diana to be here with me. Since I was little, I always had a crush on Diana...but at this moment, I am with someone who is not speaking to me and I need Diana's comfort with me.

Later in the night, I'm at Diana's place. We spent time talking and laughing about the times when I was little. How I always fool around with my brothers. Those were the good days. Then this moment came;

"Diana...I have to tell you something."

"What that Michael??"