Chapter 4

"Nice to meet you"

"Daddy, Michael here goes to college here." 

"Oh really, what college do you go to?"

"I go to University, Sir" Michael told him, as they walked through the gorilla exhibit talking all about Michael. He told her father that he studies music and dance. At one point Lauren wanted to be alone with Michael.

"Um, dad" she put him to the said, "Could me and Michael spend some time together?"

"I see, you don't want to spend time with your father huh?" he joked.

"Dad, there's always next time," she chuckles.

"That okay, you can go with your friend for now." he said and she gave him a hug. Michael was standing watching the gorillas.

Lauren went over to Michael, "Hey!" she said in a high voice. "I can spend more time with my friend"

"Really? That great" he said with a big smile on his face.

Michael's POV

  I am so happy that Lauren could get the time to spend with me. I really want to get to know her more. We walked out of the gorilla exhibit and went to get something to eat.

"You want to go get something to eat?"

"Sure Michael'' she smiled. I took her to a food court they have inside the zoo.

"What would you like to eat?", food stands were surrounding us with many choices.

"Wow, I didn't know this place had a food court," she said out of surprise. I took her to the mexican food line.

"You eat Mexican?"

"Yeah" she smiles, she has such a beautiful smile to me. I ordered a plate of nachos that we could share together and tacos. I seated her down at a table and we ate.

"So tell me more about yourself, since you know everything about me" he smirks as he teases.

She giggles, "Well, I'm a senior in high school, I will be going to college soon."

"What do you want to do in life?"

She sighs as I ask her this question."I really don't know...yet...I really didn't think this out clear yet." she looks down.

"It's okay, you have plenty of time for your future." I said. She smiled at me and I smiled back. "Tell me more about yourself"

"Well, what can I say about myself? all my siblings in college, some graduated..."

I was starting to get the feeling that she is very shy to tell me about herself, but it's okay, we can just get to know each other as friends. Lauren is one beautiful girl, I think I'm having a crush on her. I don't want to go with her just yet though.

"It's okay, you don't have to tell me everything about you." I smiled.

She chuckles and asks, "So when you get out college, would you be in the music world?"

"I don't know...I'm not sure if I'm ready for that part yet... It is 1979 and music is changing slowly."

"Yeah I know..." she took a nacho.

"What type of animals do you like?"

"I like lions, tigers, bears"

"Oh my!" I joked.

She laughed, "No but really, I do...I love panda bears, they're so cute" she gets gushy.

"I love them too, you like reptiles?"