Chapter 2

The next morning, Lauren woke up with a nice spelling breakfast waiting for her downstairs. She got up to use the bathroom, wash her face, and then went downstairs in the kitchen. As she enters the kitchen; she sees her mom fixing the table as her dad is near the stove cooking.

"There's my baby girl!" 

"Daddy? What is all this?"

"What do you mean? I came down here to cook up a nice breakfast. Not every day I get to cook my family something, I even made your favorite."

She sniffed and guessed what he's cooking, "Is that French toast?" she says with a big smile.

"Mhmm baby" he says as he takes the French toast off the stove. As her mother finished the table, Lauren went to the fridge and got orange juice out and sat it on the table. When they sat at the table together, they all said a prayer before they ate.

"Lauren, you're leaving high school soon and I was thinking that it's time for you to start looking for a college."

"I know mom... I was thinking about that last night... well not actually but being on my own."

"Oh? What wrong being on your own?"

"Nothing, it's just  that one day I'm gonna be living by myself and it's kinda scary at the same time"

"You will be fine as soon as you get used to it."

"I don't know baby, college is a big challenge in life"

Lauren's POV

While I finished my food, I helped my mom with the dishes and went upstairs and took a shower. When she got out of the shower, she got a phone call from La Toya. "Hello?"

"Hi Lauren, are you doing anything today?"

"Not really, no..."

"Great, how about we go shopping together?" she asked. I thought about it for a moment. It couldn't be that bad; maybe this will be a chance I'll get to know her more. "Sure" with a bright smile.

"Eeeeh! I can't wait, I will be there to pick you up" with her high excited voice.

"Okay, I will go and get ready now"

"Okay bye."

"Bye bye" I said, boy that girl's voice is annoying.

La Toya's POV

As I hung up the phone, I went to get ready. I look in my closet to go find my diamond belt. I went to my brother's, Michael, room because I knew he had it. "Michael! Where is my belt! I know you have it."

"What are you talking about?"

"My belt Michael, I knew you took it and used it for some trick."

Michael's POV

My back was turned from her as I was grinning so wide you can see it from behind. "GIVE ME MY BELT BACK MICHAEL!" her annoying screaming voice. I shake my head, man I don't know how I live with her.  As she kept yelling she started to choke up.

"Okay, I do have it" as I chuckled.

She looked at me with the weepy eyes, "where is it?"

"In the cage with my snake" she got up and tried to choke me.

"Hey hey! I was only choking!" I said when she got her hands off me.

"It's in the closet, I needed it." She went to go get her leather belt in the closet, "Why?"

"I needed it for a job interview"

"Oh..." I called her name to ask "Why do you need it so bad?"

"Because Michael, I'm going shopping"

"With who?"

"With my new girlfriend."

"You mean the girl that moved in this neighborhood?"

"Yeah..." When I saw that girl hanging with my sister, she looked like an angel that came from Heaven. Her face glows in the light, I just had to get to know her.

"Um, Toy... would you mind if I could go shopping with you?"

"Since when you wanted to go shopping Michael" she chuckled.

"Well you know, all this stuff I'm doing for college and finding a job, I was wondering if I should spend time with my big sis out somewhere."

"Well okay Michael. You can come, just be ready."

"Okay I will" she left my room and I closed the door behind and did a victory dance.

Around 9 a.m. La Toya went to Lauren's parents' house to pick her up. Lauren leaves the house and gets in the car. As she started to fasten her seat belt, she looked up and saw Michael sitting in the front passenger's seat. He turned around and said hello to her.

"Hello" she said with a smile.

"Oh Lauren, this is my little brother Michael"

"Oh, hi Michael, nice to meet you."

"Nice to meet you too," they say as La Toya pulls off.

Later in the day, the three went to every shopping store they almost had except the groceries store. Then again, they all got to know each other. La Toya had to go to the bathroom and freshen up. Meanwhile, Michael and Lauren are sitting outside at the table together as they finish their lunch.

"So where are you from Lauren?"

"I'm from New York City."

"Really?"

"Yup..."

"That nice... Have you known of a place called Studio 54?"

"No I haven't.  I actually wanted to go there before but I'm under age."

"How old are you?" 

"I'm 17... How old are you" she looked at him as if he didn't look like La Toya's little brother.
"I'm 21..."

"21? And you're Toya's little brother?"

"Yup, I'm in college now."

"What college do you go to?"

"Universe of California for business and music"

"That nice, I will be heading to college soon."

"College is a big step in life but it's actually fun when you get used to doing things and being by yourself."

"Yeah..." she looked down. Michael touched her and asked her what was wrong.

"Well, it just I've been thinking living by myself is scary and being on my own. I'm actually going to the real world soon."

"It's gonna be okay, it's 1979, you don't have anything to worry about. Just enjoy yourself while you're young and don't think about it as much. But this is a time to start thinking of a college to go to."

Lauren POV

Michael was right, you know, as I got to know him today, he's a pretty nice person. Very funny and handsome too. I never thought that Michael would be Toya's little brother. As it comes to think about it, I've been catching Michael staring at me all day. All I did was smile and looked away. I giggle at how so cute he is staring at me. I think he's starting to like me...and I like him too... I don't know, but I just met him and I don't know him enough to be with him. You know what, I'm gonna take it slow, just be friends with him you know...