Chapter 8

Lauren's POV

After dinner, Michael invited me over, and as soon as I walked in, Latoya didn't even speak! I guess she feels that I'm spending more time with Michael instead of her. I guess that's true...but I really like him, and I guess it's safe to say we're dating now. I should talk to her though, catch back up, besides, we still have plans.

No one's POV

"Hey girl, can we talk?" Lauren said, sitting down next to Latoya.

"Sure..." she responded.

"Are you mad at me?" La Toya looked down at her nails.

"What makes you ask that?" "Well...lately you haven't been speaking to me"

"Uh no, that's you, you haven't been returning my phone calls, or anything" It was true, Lauren was so busy hanging out with Michael that she forgot about everything, even the trip they had planned during the summer was canceled all because of her.

"When did you call?" she asked.

"I called you yesterday, the day before yesterday, AND today! You never answer the phone!"

"Look Toya, I'm sorry, but you know I'm busy with school and my studies...I don't have time to talk on the phone..."  Michael approaches the corner, but turns around after hearing their conversation.

"But you have time to hang out with Michael, oh okay... I see how it is...I knew you were just using me to get to my brother", she gets up and leaves the living room, going outside.

"No wait! It's not like that Toya!" She follows after her, "Latoya, how could you say something like that? I'm not that kinda person, I don't want you to feel like I just stuck around because of him...besides, I met you way before I met him."

Latoya turned around "Yeah, and ever since you met him, you just pushed me to the side like I don't even exist..." she sighs. "I don't wanna sound like I'm jealous of your relationship with my brother, it's just that you were the first real friend I ever had, everyone else in this neighborhood is phony and stuck-up."

Lauren felt bad, she didn't mean to neglect their friendship, but she really has Michael wrapped around her finger. "I know... I'm sorry."

La Toya smiled and accepted her apology. "It's okay..." she said and hugged her. "I'm so so sooo sorry, I promise I'll be a better friend from now on"

"It's okay, are we still going to the spa together?"

"Yeah.. I don't have any plans, so I'm free this weekend" Michael still listened to them while he was thinking.

Michael's POV

  I didn't know that we were spending so much time together that La Toya and her friendship were splitting. I stand there as I listen to them. I'm glad they made up. "Okay, what time?" Lauren asked.

"What about around 10?" My mother came in right before she answered.

"Girls why don't you join the rest of the family, you know so we can get to know you Lauren" she smiles.

''Okay Mrs. Jackson." I left and went into the living room where my family was.....