Chapter 6

Lauren's POV

  After a while, we got off the phone. Man, he really knows how to make a girl blush like crazy! I still can't believe he came out and told me that he has these feelings for me, that made me feel so special inside. Now, I can't keep him off of my mind. This boy has me sprung already, and we're not even in a relationship! Well, not yet. Even though I want to take things slow and just be friends for now, I feel like I want to be with him, and make him mine. Every little thing about him makes me smile, and it makes me want him more and more. I'm really falling for him...

Michael's POV

  I can't believe I told her how I feel for her... What I said to her is true, she makes me feel so complete. I know most college kids don't mess around with girls who are in high school, but when it comes to me; age is a number. I don't care how old a girl is, I know what in my heart, and I think what is really in my heart is her...I love her...

Narrator

It was September 3, 1978; it was time for Lauren to go back to school. Lauren and Michael remained friends at the time, both still had feelings for each other but somehow they kept it cool.

  Lauren was in the bed sleeping til her mom came in her room, "Lauren, wake up baby. Time to get ready for school." she tapped her. Lauren moan and turn over in her bed. "Lauren! Get up! It time to get ready!" she yelled. She sit up with a grouchy look on her face.

She didn't feel like going to school, "Uggghhh" she said rolling her eyes. She went to the bathroom and washed herself up and went downstairs for breakfast.

"Good morning baby girl" called out dad.

"Morning..." Lauren fixed her plate and sat at the table.

"Did you sleep good last night?" he asked, flipping through the newspaper.

"Yeah..." she started on her breakfast. Dad put the paper down and looked at her.

"You sure...you seem a little...I don't know, down."

"No...I'm alright..."

"You sure?" he asked.

She sighs, "I just don't feel like getting back to school already that all..."

"Oh there nothing to worry about, it will be over in a flash. You will be looking back with good memories behind you."

"That right, and it time for you to be checking out some colleges" her mother said coming to the table. "Mom, could we please not mention this."

"Why not? It the perfect time to start looking up colleges now.

Lauren's POV

  I hated when she mentioned college. It makes me forget that I'm not a child anymore. As I finished my breakfast, I got up and went to put my clothes on for school. Later in the day, I went good so far. Classes were boring as usual, unknown lunch always, boy I couldn't wait to get out of school to stop at this corner store. As I left the school building, I headed through the parking lot and then my eyes spotted something surprising. Michael was parked in the lot, leaning against his car with his arms folded and his sunglasses. I put on a smile so wide and ran to him with the warmest hug I gave him.

"Oh my god! Michael! What are you doing here?"

"I wanted to surprise you, I got out of school early"

"Wow! I'm so excited and happy that you're here! I couldn't wait to get out of school." he chuckles and asks me how school was. "School was school... really didn't eat lunch today..."

"Why not?" he said as he kept his eyes on the road.

"That food nasty" I said as he giggled.

"Want to go out to eat?"

"Sure" I said. He took us to a pizza place. They serve some of the best pizza I ever tasted in California.

"You thought about any colleges yet?"

"No really...I haven't really thought about what I really want to do..." he nods and eats his fries on the side.

"Michael, to be honest, I don't really know what I really want to do or really want to be...I just haven't put any thought into it yet"

"It's okay...you have a lot of time to still think about it."

"Yeah but my mother keeps mentioning and pressuring me."

"If it helps, I could help you get into the college I'm in. My college you can major anything." I smile and look at Michael. Comes to think about it, it sounds great.

"Yeah...you think you can help me get into there?"

"Of course...you can apply  for it early too."

From one moment, I was thinking 'Hmmmm....maybe this will help' but then the next moment, it got a little heated.

"Once you graduate...maybe we could...you know..." he said breathing so softly in my ear. I was melting at this point, then I turned my head and our eyes were locked at each other. Next thing I know, my lips....Oh my god....he is such a great kisser....nothing else was on my mind right now but passion. I really want him....